Talk

Advanced search

Anyone have a recipe for a ham?

(8 Posts)
Clarabell100 Tue 28-Nov-17 14:01:02

Hi
We'rw at the in laws for christmas this year and MIL has asked me to do the ham. Last time I did the coca cola ham and everyone enjoyed it but I wanted to try something different this year.

Anyone have any delicious recipes or ideas they wouldn't mind sharing?

HeyMacWey Tue 28-Nov-17 14:03:50

There is a delicious Gordon ramsay recipe on the good food website.
Thinks it`s a maple and mustard glaze.

HeyMacWey Tue 28-Nov-17 14:06:13

www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3032/maple-and-mustard-glazed-ham

We have it with Nigella's dauphinoise potato.

PickleSarnie Tue 28-Nov-17 14:13:29

This one is lovely.

www.redonline.co.uk/food/recipes/honeyed-ham-with-cider

tampinfuminragin Tue 28-Nov-17 14:37:06

Score the fat,

1/2 Can of pear cider, 1/2 carton of apple juice, leeks, onions and celery chopped and in the slow cooker. Have on low all day or on high for 4-6 hours depending on size of ham.

Take it out and put on a honey glaze with cloves and chuck in the oven until the skin is crispy.

Clarabell100 Wed 29-Nov-17 16:47:06

Thank you!

Going to do a few test runs before I decide which one to do for christmas day - we'll have ham coming out of our ears!

PigletJohn Thu 30-Nov-17 17:34:15

I did a Marmalade and Mustard glaze the other day. Give it as long as you would for a honey or sugar glaze (it caramelises, and will burn if left too long). Mix English mustard powder with marmalade for a smearing texture. It will soften and run as it heats so should be mixed thick, and put something in the pan to catch what runs off, or it will burn.

I simmered it first with onions and roots, so the oven was only to cook the glaze on.

foodiemama26 Thu 30-Nov-17 18:56:41

www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/traditional_honey-glazed_52289

This hairy bikers one is fabulous...this is the third year in a row we’re having it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now