Talk

Advanced search

Frozen croissants/pain au chocolate

(22 Posts)
mumof2sarah Sat 18-Nov-17 11:49:31

Hi guys I'm looking for the best/most tasty croissants that are in the frozen sections that I can throw in the over in oven on Christmas Day morning. I'm doing those with fruit salad, toast, jams, marmalades, rolls etc. I'm going to display it all on the kitchen side and have the coffee maker and tea pot ready so people can come in and help themselves. I'm not cooking lunch (my mum is THE queen of that!) so I've said I will do breakfast 😍 we always have the same as what's above and I want to make it nice for mums sake. I know she's nervous about handing over some of the reins but she's not been well and she struggles in the morning x

OP’s posts: |
dementedpixie Sat 18-Nov-17 11:51:39

Our Tesco had some recently and then promptly stopped selling them! They do this whenever we like something and start buying it

squadronleader87 Sat 18-Nov-17 11:57:42

The ones from M&S are excellent and a good price. Breakfast sounds great!

Moogletea Sat 18-Nov-17 11:58:34

Waitrose do a mini mixed bag. Croissants, pan au chocolate and danish. Delicious

mumof2sarah Sat 18-Nov-17 11:59:50

@dementedpixie my mum usually gets them the day before but there's no way I'm going shopping that day. Christmas Eve is my sacred family/daughters time lol x

falaciousreasoning Sat 18-Nov-17 12:00:38

All of the garden centres near me have a farm shop section and they always have frozen croissants, chocolate twists and other lovely pastries.

Liz38 Sat 18-Nov-17 12:07:48

Second the farm shop and waitrose suggestions. Not that I've sampled extensively or anything but those have been the best of the frozen options.

overmydeadbody Sat 18-Nov-17 12:09:29

No suggestions sorry but I am steeling this fab idea for Christmas breakfast!!

LookMaAStone Sat 18-Nov-17 12:12:32

Waitrose hands down are the best, for Xmas I'd get the full sized ones. We get croissants and pain au chocolat. You definitely need to buy them soon to test obviously!

LookMaAStone Sat 18-Nov-17 12:12:32

Waitrose hands down are the best, for Xmas I'd get the full sized ones. We get croissants and pain au chocolat. You definitely need to buy them soon to test obviously!

mumof2sarah Sat 18-Nov-17 12:12:44

@falaciousreasoning I never thought of this ideas, one of my most favourite garden shops has the exact thing I'm looking for THANKYOU 👏🏻👏🏻

jenandjess Sat 18-Nov-17 17:01:04

According to DH, the absurdly gigantic Tesco Finest beat Tesco regular and Marks hands down.

jenandjess Sat 18-Nov-17 17:01:56

absolutely not adsurbly ... blinking autocorrect!

MrsJacksonAvery Sat 18-Nov-17 17:03:27

Aldi's are HUGE and v.chocolatey. Better than Sainsbo or Waitrose. I've done the research.

Cakescakescakes Sat 18-Nov-17 17:04:56

I've tried the Tesco, M&S and Iceland ones and they’re all nice but M&S are probably the best.

FlopIsMyParentingGuru Sat 18-Nov-17 17:05:25

Iceland ones are surprisingly nice and have a wider range of pastries than most ranges

Growingboys Sat 18-Nov-17 17:07:17

The mini Picard pains au chocolat from Ocado are ace. I’ve recently become obsessed with them and throw a bag of them in the oven pre school run when I think the children deserve it.

EssentialHummus Sat 18-Nov-17 17:11:06

Waitrose!

Taffeta Sat 18-Nov-17 17:15:19

Yup the mini Picard pain au choc are the best by a LONG shot. Make the Waitrose ones seem foul.

bluebells1 Sun 19-Nov-17 20:30:22

+1 for Ocado.

LilyWasThere Sun 19-Nov-17 20:31:56

I’m embarrassed to say that we’ve done a lot of research on this topic, and Waitrose wins hands down. They do bags of mixed pastries and bags of just croissants.

SnowBallsAreHere Sun 19-Nov-17 20:33:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »