Talk

Advanced search

Personal Recipe Book Ideas?

(8 Posts)
LittleBearinaBigWorld Wed 15-Nov-17 17:47:50

Hello all! I'm new here, and I hope I'm posting this in the right place! I have just viewed threads on here for a long time and I figured it would be nice to start contributing!!

I'm an avid cook and I absolutely adore trying out new recipes - despite my groaning purse!!

What I'm looking for is a place to store all of the recipes that I have tried and loved. I know that they sell 'write your own recipe book' books, but I'm just wondering if anyone has really enjoyed using a particular one?

I'd quite like to be able to re-organise the pages so that they don't have to be in the order that I write them down, if that makes sense, like not a normal book with glued together pages.

I have thought about using a filofax but I'm wondering if that might be a but pricey, anyone else done think and had it work well?

Alternatively, are there any really good websites that anyone would recommend where I can write and store recipes? Up until now I have just used my Google Docs, but I just wondered if there was a dedicated website that I haven't found yet!

Many thanks in advance!

OP’s posts: |
Fekko Wed 15-Nov-17 17:51:06

I bought really cheap Filofaxes at paperchase earlier this year when they were 'old'. They were Jan-Dec and I was after a school year one anyway! Maybe wait until Feb and pick up a bargain. I think it was around £6 for an a5 sized one.

LittleBearinaBigWorld Wed 15-Nov-17 17:56:27

Ooh that sounds good Fekko, I hadn't thought about that!

HappySecret Wed 15-Nov-17 19:08:14

I use an A5 ring binder. It works really well. You can get tabbed dividers, punched pockets, lined/plain paper, just like for A4 binders.

I'm always thinking I'll find a recipe book app if some sort, but TBH it's easier for me to print out any recipes I find online and file them in my binder, than to upload the millions of many RL recipes I cut out of magazines/jot down from my own invention/get given by friends/etc

cdtaylornats Wed 15-Nov-17 21:04:50

Epicurious App - All devices

LittleBearinaBigWorld Thu 16-Nov-17 17:34:30

Thank you all for the ideas!
HappySecret I do agree with you that writing them down/printing them off will probably be waayyyy easier than trying to get them all either typed up or found or just generally collated. Thank you for recommending a ringbinder, will definitely have a look around for one!

Orangeplastic Fri 17-Nov-17 07:55:36

I use a plastic A4 file I got in Muji and polly pockets. Very cheap, flexible and easy to keep clean and I can easily print off recipes from the internet....so it's not the prettiest or the most elegant - it's more of a workhorse, just gets the job done.

LittleBearinaBigWorld Sun 19-Nov-17 14:46:10

Thank you for all of the suggestions! I think the idea of a ringbinder is probably going to work best as I have so many recipes from all over the place. Time to start getting them all printed off I suppose!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »