Talk

Advanced search

For the serious cooks among you ... what is your best (on-line) source of herbs and spices please?

(10 Posts)
Sludgecolours Mon 13-Nov-17 17:26:22

And any other info about fabulous sources of interesting cooking ingreds gratefully received!

I am putting together some hampers for the serious cooks in my family as Christmas presents this year, and I would also, at the same time, like to buy some really good quality spices for myself too. Any tips or advice would be great!

Mominatrix Mon 13-Nov-17 17:31:56

sous Chef is a great resource for ingredients, cooking equipmentment, and (less so) books.

Orangeplastic Mon 13-Nov-17 21:16:10

Mominatrix - that is an amazing resource indeed! We use Seasoned Pioneers....but I'm very tempted by Sous Chef!

canihaveacoffeeplease Mon 13-Nov-17 22:52:19

I second sous chef for all kinds of random things!

Steenbergs are great for herbs and spices, and spice mountain, who have a shop in borough market, also have an amazing website. Their spices are so good,
Freshly ground and full of flavour.
There’s always something new I need to try!

Sludgecolours Tue 14-Nov-17 06:11:59

Sorry not to get back on here last night!

Really grateful to receive all these recommendations - thank you very much!

Off to have a look at Sous Chef, Seasoned Pioneers and Steenbergs!

Much appreciated!

cdtaylornats Tue 14-Nov-17 08:21:18

Healthy Supplies are good as well.

www.healthysupplies.co.uk/index.php?subframe=basket

doodle01 Tue 14-Nov-17 08:35:12

I read this as serious crooks - on mumsnet OMG

Sludgecolours Tue 14-Nov-17 10:29:27

Thank you, will add Healthy Supplies to the list!

grin Doodle!

Wormulonian Tue 14-Nov-17 14:39:12

Another vote for sous chef. Melbury and Appleton are good too:
www.google.co.uk/search?q=melbury+and+appleton&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b&gfe_rd=cr&dcr=0&ei=mv8KWpTyC7PHXs6_kqAI

For spices I often Seasoned pioneers if I need blends or something that is hard to source and I'm not making a trip to the "big city" anytime soon.
www.seasonedpioneers.com/

Sludgecolours Tue 14-Nov-17 17:01:44

Thank you for those links Wormulonian!

I haven't had time to check out all of these recommendations for any length of time yet, but when I do, I can see I am going to have to have a strict budget and curb the worst of my impulses! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now