Talk

Advanced search

Veggie smoothies

(10 Posts)
waitingfortheendtocome Mon 06-Nov-17 19:04:09

Bought a bullet, looking for some yummy veggie smoothie suggestions. Not including ginger & parsnip.

Mrsfloss Tue 07-Nov-17 02:32:30

I just shove green stuff in. Iceland have frozen green veg. I think it includes kale and spinach. Cucumber good. I add some stevia and lemon to take taste out add water and down. I love it

Catlover1812 Tue 07-Nov-17 03:18:43

As above, spinach and cucumber is good. Use spinach as your base and add banana or avocado for the smoothness/creaminess. I freeze banana pieces and use them. Lemon in lieu of fruit. Throw in a tiny piece of fruit (I like pineapple) for sweetness but mainly veggies. Then throw in anything to hand. I tend not to follow a recipe, but include way more veg than fruit. Just top with water x

DeliveredByKiki Tue 07-Nov-17 03:51:40

any kind of smoothie with spinach added tends to work

I personally love mango, almond milk, almond butter, spinach and matcha powder

also carrot, beetroot and orange is delish

Mrsfloss Tue 07-Nov-17 14:23:18

With a nutribullet donuou have the big glass or little?

I have the big one and think this is a huge portion!

waitingfortheendtocome Thu 09-Nov-17 06:48:17

Can you use frozen veg?

Catlover1812 Fri 10-Nov-17 15:14:13

Yes frozen veg works well. Makes it nice and cold too! Frozen berries too. Honestly, just throw whatever you want in there and have fun experimenting

Cactusjelly00 Fri 10-Nov-17 15:24:11

My absolute favourite smoothie. (You might need to scale down/up, this makes 3-4 smoothies).
Handful of kale.
Handful of spinach.
2 bananas
3 tablespoon dessicated coconut, or coconut paste. Can also use fresh coconut or...*
Quarter of a mango chopped.
Then fill the blender (to the top of where your fruit/veg stops) with any of the below:
*coconut milk instead of the above
Almond milk
Mango juice/experiment with others if you want. Or just standard milk will do smile
It's amazing, trust me. It works.

Catlover1812 Fri 10-Nov-17 15:41:22

Cactus that sounds amazing smile!

waitingfortheendtocome Sat 11-Nov-17 16:50:46

Brilliant recipes given here thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now