Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Chicken casserole with chicken soup recipes

(5 Posts)
PandaEyes2 Mon 06-Nov-17 14:11:08

Hi,

I have some diced chicken that I was hoping to make a casserole with using my slow cooker. After searching the internet, I can see recipes containing cream of chicken soup and thought it was quite a yummy idea. However nothing specifically saying about using it in the slow cooker.
My idea was to -

Brown the chicken in a pan add some veg (carrots, broccoli etc).
Throw it all in the slow cooker with the chicken soup and leave on low all day.

I'm not the best cook and like easy simple recipes. Does that sound ok to do? Or does anyone have a better idea? It only needs to go to 2 adults and 1 child (who is 12 months old and a good eater).

Floralnomad Mon 06-Nov-17 14:14:32

I’ve not done it in a slow cooker but I always use soup in my casseroles . I brown chicken then put potatoes, swede, turnip , leek , onion carrot and mushrooms in casserole dish with chicken . Tin of cream of chicken soup , top up with water as needed to cover the veg / meat and then stick a knorr chicken stock cube on top to dissolve , salt , pepper , oven for as many hours as there are until tea .

PandaEyes2 Wed 08-Nov-17 08:20:15

Thanks @Floralnomad I might try that instead! Do you cook the potatoes and veg first or just pop it all in? I have a large rectangle Pyrex dish, that would be ok wouldn't it?

Floralnomad Wed 08-Nov-17 09:12:20

Shove all the veg in raw .

PandaEyes2 Wed 08-Nov-17 12:25:07

Perfect will give it a go now thank you 😊 x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now