Talk

Advanced search

What would you serve this chicken with?

(9 Posts)
InigoTaran Wed 01-Nov-17 15:41:42

I want to try this chicken with miso and ginger recipe as it looks delicious and I’ve got all the ingredients but don’t know what to serve it with!

Any ideas?

http://www.thekitchn.com/roasted-miso-chicken-thighs-112000

InigoTaran Wed 01-Nov-17 15:42:13

In case link didn’t work!

www.thekitchn.com/roasted-miso-chicken-thighs-112000

angelawilliams Wed 01-Nov-17 15:44:19

Oooo they look lovely! I'd probably serve them with some homemade wedges, I normally just put some oil on a tray, stick on the potatoes (cut up like wedges) and add some herbs and spices. Fresh garlic and chillies are lovely to add! If you have any of the Nando's peri salt too, I absolutely love that (you can get it in Asda and Morrisons I think!)

Tiddlywinks63 Wed 01-Nov-17 16:02:44

I would serve it with Onion Rice- while Basmati rice is boiling in salted water fry chopped onions until crispy, add toasted cumin seeds and frozen peas and stir into cooked rice. Very quick and you can add sweet corn or chopped red peppers too.

mrsnec Wed 01-Nov-17 16:19:48

Noodles and stir fry veg.

KarateKitten Wed 01-Nov-17 16:20:49

Coconut rice and Asian fried tenderstem broccoli.

WhatHaveIFound Wed 01-Nov-17 16:23:21

I cook a very similar dish and we generally have it with sticky rice and edamame beans.

InigoTaran Wed 01-Nov-17 17:07:38

Great ideas thanks! smile

happysunr1se Wed 01-Nov-17 17:25:41

I do something similar to this and eat it with steamed green veg (broccoli, gui lan, Choi sum, Pak Choi), steamed fragrant rice and julienned carrot and ginger that I pickle for at least a couple hours in a mix of mirin, rice vinegar, sugar and salt. I find the pickled carrots enhance any Asian style meal and also salads.

Or, in Chinese/Asian supermarkets u can buy packets of dried seaweed that you pour hot water over (a small handful is plenty) and whomp! Suddenly a big bowl of al dente seaweed that you can season with vinegar. I think that would go too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now