Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Gadget for home-made soup blending

(16 Posts)
Dancergirl Tue 31-Oct-17 18:21:35

What do you use to blend home-made soups so they are nice and smooth?

I had a stick blender which died so I bought a new one from Amazon. It had great reviews but I've found it really hard work and it doesn't blend it smoothly.

Do I need a proper blender for smooth soup or can anyone recommend a good stick blender?

cdtaylornats Tue 31-Oct-17 21:06:36

www.tesco.com/direct/electriq-multifunctional-soup-maker-automatic-and-electric-premium-functions-include-baby-food-soy-milk-and-more/104-9861.prd?skuId=104-9861

Soup maker

WhoKn0wsWhereTheSlimeGoes Tue 31-Oct-17 21:47:52

I use a stick blender as it's so easy in the pan but mine is 20 years old and crap so I've been wondering this too.

Dancergirl Wed 01-Nov-17 11:03:24

I did wonder about a soup maker but it’s only for small quantities and probably a pain to clean.

cdtaylornats Wed 01-Nov-17 11:43:03

No worse to clean than a blender

SugarMiceInTheRain Wed 01-Nov-17 11:46:05

Vitamix. Totally amazing and will cook it at the same time as blending it so I just put in cold water, stock cube, raw veg (potatoes need cooking first but other veg doesn't) etc and stick it on. Hot, perfectly blended soup in a few minutes. It's expensive but we use it everyday for soups, smoothies, sauces, chopping veg and frothy hot milky drinks. Absolutely love it.

SugarMiceInTheRain Wed 01-Nov-17 11:47:34

Very easy to clean too - half fill it with hot water and a squirt of washing up liquid and turn it on for a few seconds then rinse. No awkward parts. Sorry I sound like I'm selling them - I'm not, but just bought it recently and love it!

ILookedintheWater Wed 01-Nov-17 11:49:10

I have a braun stick blender, used at least 3 times a week for the last 8 years. Still working well.

exexpat Wed 01-Nov-17 11:49:16

My stick blender works perfectly for soups - maybe you got a duff one? Mine's a stainless steel John Lewis own-brand one, and copes fine with thick, chunky soups.

AwakeCantSleep Wed 01-Nov-17 11:53:49

Stainless steel stick blender by Braun. Works very well, I often blend soup in the pan. It has adjustable speed which I find quite important.

WhoKn0wsWhereTheSlimeGoes Wed 01-Nov-17 14:02:59

Mine's a Braun but it is so old now I think it's just gone blunt. Only one speed too. I don't want an entire soup machine as I have so many gadgets already. I'll have a look at the newer Brauns, might wait for Black Friday.

Groovee Wed 01-Nov-17 14:03:54

My morphy Richard’s soup maker.

NannyR Wed 01-Nov-17 14:06:18

I've been using a Tesco value stick blender recently and it works brilliantly, really smooth soup. You can't adjust the speed and its a bit trickier to clean as it doesn't come apart like more expensive blenders but I think it cost less than a tenner so can't really complain.

GreatBigPolarBear Wed 01-Nov-17 14:09:00

We just use a stick blender. Works fine.
Sometimes if I'm in a rush I use the nutri bullet to blend up the raw veg and then heat it up after which also works pretty well.

Pinkkahori Wed 01-Nov-17 14:11:34

I have a stick blender. It's a Braun one I got as a wedding present 14 years ago and I use it all the time. It's a fairly good one with a metal rather than plastic stick though so I don't know if that makes a difference.

Dancergirl Wed 01-Nov-17 18:06:33

Looks like a Braun stick blender is the way to go!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now