Talk

Advanced search

If you go for more protein and minimise carbs...

(8 Posts)
Highlove Mon 30-Oct-17 11:46:01

...what does your typical day look like? In particular, breakfast and lunch? Especially if you are on the go?

I travel quite a bit for work (daily long journeys rather than overnights) and I’m struggling a bit with what I could take with me. At home I default to scrambled eggs which I don’t fancy eating cold in a packed lunch!

Blondie1984 Mon 30-Oct-17 16:49:58

So you could take things like tuna, cold roast chicken/beef/turkey, frittata, mixed beans, hummus, tofu, cheese - feta, halloumi, mozzarella or cottage

What is the reason for you wanting to minimise carbs?

Ricekrispie22 Mon 30-Oct-17 17:14:45

Breakfast is a omelette or if feeling like something sweet I have Greek yogurt, almonds, honey and raspberries.
Lunch is usually a salad with chicken/prawns/feta cheese/chickpeas.

annandale Mon 30-Oct-17 17:18:06

Lunches; miso soup, any soup in fact, big box of salad with something like ham or hard boiled eggs, usually put toasted seeds in as well and some nice dressing in a separate pot.

CoffeebyIV Mon 30-Oct-17 17:30:40

Breakfast is 2x scrambled egg, handful of protein and 2x grilled bacon. No toast but I do add half an avocado if I have some in.

Lunch tends to be a spinach based salad with either chicken/turkey/salmon. Or homemade soup if its cold. Tend to avoid potato based and go more green veg based. Filling and tasty.

Highlove Mon 30-Oct-17 22:01:53

Ok thanks some useful ideas. It’s breakfast on the go I struggle with; other than Greek you with fruit/nuts/seeds, I don’t know what to take with me.

blondie to lose a bit of weight. I’m not cutting out carbs entirely, just cutting down with a view to saving calories. And it always makes me feel leaner very quickly.

MrsDepp Mon 30-Oct-17 22:11:46

Joe Wicks has breakfast muffin egg things that are quite handy.

You could mix up a big overnight oats thing with protein powder/fruit/seeds etc and have that as brunch?

Zxyzoey31 Tue 31-Oct-17 10:04:07

sausage and sauerkraut for breakfast. If on the go you can just have sausage and have it cold. You have to be careful with sausages that they are not full of carbs rather than meat. I have organic gluten free ones which are very meaty but if you are used to carb packed ones they are quite solid.
Any cold meat and salad for a lunch on the go. If you are cutting the carbs you should increase fat so it is important to have an oily dressing, fatty bit of meat, butter in soup etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now