Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

No kitchen sink!

(10 Posts)
Mummyoftwo91 Wed 25-Oct-17 18:46:34

My sink is broken and isn’t due to get fixed for a good few days which means I’m having to carry dishes up 2 flights of stairs to wash them in the bath! What meals can I make preferably vegetarian that involve minimum washing up

AtleastitsnotMonday Wed 25-Oct-17 18:58:07

Jacket potatoes with beans and cheese, just open the can and stand it in the bottom of the oven.
Cod fillets cooked in foil with lemon juice, tarragon and chives served with salad and cous cous
Camembert cooked in its box with crudités and fresh bread.
I’d cheat and buy the Waitrose fish and chicken dishes that come in the foil trays that you just through in the oven, microwave pouches of rice and the steam bags of veg.

AtleastitsnotMonday Wed 25-Oct-17 18:58:55

SOrry clearly ignored the veggie bit there!

Mummyoftwo91 Wed 25-Oct-17 20:39:53

Yes no meat but thankssmile

Weedsnseeds1 Wed 25-Oct-17 22:11:51

Paper plates?

FlukeSkyeRunner Thu 26-Oct-17 07:33:24

Use foil or foil trays to cook things in - tray bakes (spuds, olive oil, onions, olives, white wine, chuck in some tinned chickpeas off the last few minutes), stuffed peppers on a foil tray (stuff with things you don't need to cook seperately, like tinned toms, pulses, herbs etc), baked potatoes, pies/quiche in foil trays (shop bought to eliminate any more dirty utensils etc). Use cous cous or bulgar wheat in place of rice - no need to use a sauce pan as you just pour boiling water on it and leave for a while to soak it up.

One pot cooking - shashuka, chilli, anything you can stay of on the hob and transfer to the oven, assuming you have a dish you can use on the hob and in the oven.

Our stick to easy stuff like cheese on toast?

kateandme Fri 27-Oct-17 11:35:24

salmon parcel. make individual little foiling boats.salmon fillet,greens,sliced potatos.lemon,garlic,onion.wrap up to seal.cook.serve straight from the packets.
tray bakes.chuck everything in big roasting tray.cook.
big stew pot of veggie curry or stew.
pasta bake sit arounf and just dig the hel in with your forks smile
mini ramekins of pasta bakes or omelettes so you can either eat two to a dish or one each and no plates needed.
pastry parcels.so like a pasty but with any filling your wish. then serve in a napkins
pastry envelope.ready rolled pastry lay flat.then into the middle put your filling in a big round dollop.then like an envelope gather corners and bring together.so you have one big pastry envelope looking parcel thing.yum
big wok of scrambled eggs.
veggie rice on pot.
soup and using crust rolls as bowls.

kateandme Fri 27-Oct-17 11:37:28

oh and this was devine
www.pipandebby.com/pip-ebby/2010/12/18/veggie-cheese-stromboli.html

AtleastitsnotMonday Fri 27-Oct-17 12:38:55

How about a risotto this one, only uses one pan.

SilverSpot Sat 28-Oct-17 12:04:26

I would go and buy foil roasting trays for traybakes and paper plates etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now