Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Boneless lamb shoulder cooking time

(8 Posts)
ReadingIsFundamental Sun 22-Oct-17 15:51:57

So, I’ve got a boneless lamb shoulder (1.1k) - can anyone advise what the best cooking time and temperature would be? All the recipes I can find are for bone-in and I’ve only ever cooked bone-in before.

Bejazzled Sun 22-Oct-17 15:55:18

25 mins per 450g plus 25 mins over for medium
(Thanks to Waitrose.com)

ReadingIsFundamental Sun 22-Oct-17 16:13:44

Thanks, I’d seen the Waitrose timings but I’ve found in the past that supermarkets seem to err on the side of caution when it comes to cooking times.

User5trillion Sun 22-Oct-17 16:24:33

I would put it in at 190-200 degrees for 20 or so mins, then reduce temp to 160, for 3 hrs or so. Its a fatty cut so needs long slow cooking, I would wrap it in tin foil or use a lidded dish.

ReadingIsFundamental Sun 22-Oct-17 16:28:14

Thanks user, that’s pretty much what my husband suggested. I’d been hoping it wouldn’t take so long, but better to have a tasty roast. I’ll have to do my gravy veg separately, I guess. Thanks!

ReadingIsFundamental Sun 22-Oct-17 21:32:31

Just popping back to say your timings were perfect. The lamb was delicious (I chucked some wine in when I transferred it to a casserole dish) - it was melt-in-the-mouth perfect. Thanks.

User5trillion Sun 22-Oct-17 21:42:11

Ah so glad, low and slow for fatty joints. Happy to help.

picklemepopcorn Sun 22-Oct-17 21:43:09

I do this in the slow cooker. The left overs make an amazing curry, preferably with spinach!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now