Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Egg cooker

(3 Posts)
Brienne Sun 22-Oct-17 09:16:45

Just bought the Lakeland egg cooker and quite frankly it's the most disappointing thing I have ever bought (first world problems I know!)
I was looking for something to do hassle free quick boiled and poached eggs to make them feasible on a weekday morning.

The poaching tray is crap and the eggs stick in it so you can't get them out. Cooking boiled eggs is marginally better and I can now get the whites solid and the yolks runny but when they are done it just switches off. There's no beep or anything to let you know that they are done so unless you notice it turn off they just sit there over cooking in the residual heat.

Anyone any better experience with gadgets like these or are they just a gimmick....
Thanks

tigermousewoman Sun 22-Oct-17 09:20:29

I've never bothered with them - but could you set an egg timer to tell you when the boiled eggs are done?

For poached eggs I do it he Jamie oliver way in cling film (I'm sure he didn't invent it but he's where I read it) - could you prep the night before and then just boil the Water in the morning and time it?

everythingstaken123 Sun 22-Oct-17 11:28:53

Call Lakeland and send it back.They're pretty good about things like that. I've always wondered if I should buy one so glad i now know not to bother!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now