Talk

Advanced search

Amazon pantry/online food shopping

(6 Posts)
Goodiegumdrops Sat 21-Oct-17 15:02:36

Has anyone used amazon pantry to buy their food shop. Is it worth it? We usually do an online shop with tesco.

Millybingbong Sat 21-Oct-17 15:06:10

Following

HunkyDory69 Sat 21-Oct-17 15:14:42

My experience was so so & I didn't continue after a month trial.

It was a year ago so they will have upped their game, but on one occasion they clean forgot 1/3 of my order - all the fresh veg etc - & what they sent was variable between great & awful & shades between. It was nice to have a different choice, but a lot of the really lovely stuff was too expensive for me.

Returns were annoying, invoking phoning up & explaining why something was damaged etc.

I returned to reliable Ocado with a sigh of relief. But I did like their brown paper bags for storing root veg.

Finola1step Sat 21-Oct-17 16:19:50

I use it for ordering bulky items such as big bottles of clothes wash liquid, toilet roll packs, boxes of dishwasher tabs etc. I have Amazon Prime so chuck in a few qualifying items for free delivery. Always look out for deals. I have saved a fair bit compared to Sainsbury's.

But I wouldn't do my weekly shop.

Goodiegumdrops Sun 22-Oct-17 03:53:27

Thanks. We have a newborn and toddler so think the bulkier items like nappies, toiletries and household items would be a good idea like you said @finola1step . We also have prime, which makes me think it would be worth it.

I've not tried ocado before @hunkydory69 what are the prices like compared to other supermarkets or is it pretty much the same.

kateandme Sun 22-Oct-17 11:43:24

do you have a cosco near you hun.they are great for items you mentioned.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: