Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Any spicy soup with noodles recipe?

(12 Posts)
sosofedupnow Sat 21-Oct-17 12:18:25

So I made the yummiest soup the other day, it had Thai red curry paste, sweet potato and I put noodles in it! It was so yummy! Wondering if anyone has anything kind of similar but tastes different - so I don't get bored of eating the same flavor all the time.

Although I'm thinking I could try a green curry version?

foodiemama26 Wed 25-Oct-17 20:17:28

Could you share your recipe - sounds delicious!

tshirtsuntan Wed 25-Oct-17 20:20:33

I make a green curry One, just add loads more stock than for the "curry" and cook the noodles in it, it's lovely. It thickens as the noodles sit in it so it's nice for lunch the next day as a noodle dish rather than a soup.

ScrabbleFiend Wed 25-Oct-17 20:23:15

I make a green curry one with chicken, sweet corn, spring onion and ginger and a tiny bit red chilli. It's fresh and spicy at the same time.

Yetanothernamechange1234 Wed 25-Oct-17 20:30:50

Recipes please!!!!!!!

SilentBob Wed 25-Oct-17 20:31:22

Chicken stock (I boil my own most of the time but water and stock cube is quicker)
Chinese five spice (loads)
Ginger (little bit)
Garlic (loads)
Chilli (as much as you like)
Soy sauce (a good glug)
Cracked black pepper
Carrots
Chicken

Boil everything up til the carrots are tender then throw in
Mushrooms
Spring onions
Pak choi
Tenderstem broccoli
And finish with sesame seeds and oil.

I love this as a quick spicy broth.

SilentBob Wed 25-Oct-17 20:32:41

Noodles! I forgot the noodles! I use the ramen ones- deman I think is the make. Handily they have sesame seeds and oil in the pack (I don’t bother with the seasoning packet)

ScrabbleFiend Wed 25-Oct-17 20:48:10

The recipe in the photo is basically what I use with added green Thai curry paste. And since it's the season here's my recipe for spicy Thai pumpkin soup, or at least that's what I call it!

Butternut squash 350g
Pumpkin 350g
1l veg stock
150ml mango juice
2 tbsp peanut butter
3 spring onions
2 tbsp rice vinegar
1cm fresh ginger
3 crushed chilli's
1 tsp orange zest
Corriander

Sounds like a faff but it's not really

SloanePeterson Wed 25-Oct-17 20:53:44

Ooo yes. We call it magic soup at is really is a cure all, for physical or soul sickness. Basic base of chicken stock, coconut milk and Thai curry paste (red or green) and chuck in leftover chicken, spring onions, bean sprouts, chilli, garlic and ginger and anything you have lying around. Add noodles and lime juice a few minutes before serving. Sooooo good. I ripped it off from the chicken itame they serve at Wagamama.

FedUpWithBRAAAAAAINS Wed 25-Oct-17 20:53:47

I love this recipe https://www.nigella.com/recipes/thai-chicken-noodle-soup

tshirtsuntan Wed 25-Oct-17 20:56:49

I usually just do;
Chicken breast , chopped small
Onion
Green pepper
Chestnut mushrooms
Fried in any veg oil with a little splash of sesame oil
Stir in green Thai paste, tin of coconut milk (I keep a packet of the maggi dried one in just in case) splash of Thai fish sauce, little brown sugar, chicken stock. Simmer for about 15 mins then add rice stick noodles and frozen peas, simmer until cooked, season with soy sauce. Yum.

OhHolyJesus Wed 25-Oct-17 21:05:01

Tom yum soup

Tin of coconut milk
Tom yum paste - 1tbsp I think but do it to your taste
Chicken stock
Any old veg you have but up small
Add noodles and prawns or tofu

Got this from Ocado recipe binder so your could check the amounts online x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now