Talk

Advanced search

Tasty soup recipes

(9 Posts)
homefromworklate Fri 20-Oct-17 14:00:05

Does anybody have any tasty soup recipes ?
I have made soups in the past but they always turned out a bit meh!

I'm looking for recipes that aren't too fussy but have lots of taste.

Thanks

homefromworklate Fri 20-Oct-17 17:55:47

Anyone? smile

Chocolatear Fri 20-Oct-17 18:01:48

Roasted tomato soup.
Buy the misshapen (cheap) tomatoes from the supermarkets. Cut them into quarters. Slice thinly a couple of red onions and mix with tomatoes and a couple of cloves of garlic - lightly bruised. Mix everything with some olive oil, salt and pepper.
Roast in a hot oven until the tomatoes/onions char slightly. Then place everything in a large pan with some basil. Cover with chicken or veg stock. Bring to the boil, then simmer for about 10 minutes. Whizz everything up with a stick blender or in a processor and adjust seasoning. Serve with some crumbled up crispy bacon.

scurryfunge Fri 20-Oct-17 18:04:46

My favourites are Cullen Skink, leek and potato, carrot and coriander. If you use home made stock from a roast they are always tasty.

LauriLoo1 Fri 20-Oct-17 18:22:44

This is one of my current favourite. Easy to make and gets lots of conpliments. I add a sweet potato or a Couple of carrots. www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/red-lentil-coconut-soup?amp

happylass Fri 20-Oct-17 18:38:39

This one packs a punch. Works well in the slow cooker too.
cupcakesandkalechips.com/mama-mondays-vegetable-flu-buster-soup-for-reciperedux/

wellyclad Fri 20-Oct-17 18:51:28

Agree with the above poster on the red lentil and coconut soup! Also this one is amazing:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/italianstylezucchini_9833

roloisking Fri 20-Oct-17 18:58:26

This leek and potato is delicious

www.deliaonline.com/recipes/collections/root-vegetables/leek-onion-and-potato-soup

I also make carrot and lentil - soften some onions and garlic, add some chopped carrots, 1 tin of toms and some vegetable stock, then add red lentils and italian herbs. Simmer for about 30 mins. Then blend till smooth.

We also have a "bottom of the fridge" soup - soften onion and garlic, throw in any veg that needs using up, add vegetable stock, simmer for 30 mins. Blend till smooth

homefromworklate Fri 20-Oct-17 20:22:04

Thanks everyone, I'll give some ago at the weekend.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now