Talk

Advanced search

Nut free, child friendly veggie curry recipe

(10 Posts)
applepinkierainbow Mon 16-Oct-17 19:37:06

Does anyone have a good nut free veggie recipe that isn’t too spicy? It is for a school Diwali meal. Thanks!!!

Blondie1984 Mon 16-Oct-17 23:41:06

I've made this one in the past for a friend with a nut allergy and it went down well - and definitely wasn't too spicy - if anything the next time I make it i will add more chilli

www.telegraph.co.uk/food-and-drink/recipes/mild-chicken-korma/

studymama Tue 17-Oct-17 07:22:31

I don't have a recipe as such, more see what vegetable I have in the fridge, steam them and add them to a pot with one sauteed onion, chopped tomatoes and half a jar of mild curry paste. I am nut free myself so I hope this helps!

kateandme Tue 17-Oct-17 09:54:14

not got a recipe as such.but kormas are often milder currys.you could add spices like cumin,curry powder and cardamom coriander tumeic instead of actual chillie powder too.
and you can add cream/yoghurt to be on the safe side.and coconut milk.
our base is usually all of the above with chicken and lots of cauliflower and green beans and a tin of chopped tomatos.

kateandme Tue 17-Oct-17 09:55:51

remember also that currys flavour develops and blends over time.something to be mindful if if you do it the night ebfore smile
and if you are using whole spices you need to fry them in the pan first.

applepinkierainbow Tue 17-Oct-17 13:38:53

Perfect thank you all! I make kormas a lot but use almonds and coconut milk so have played around with spices today and used yoghurt and come up with something quite tasty (I think!).

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 17-Oct-17 13:46:45

Pattaks korma and tikka pastes don't have nuts as I use them for ds. I add lots of coconut powder to make it mild if necessary,I prefer the prefer to the tons of coconut milk.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 17-Oct-17 13:47:01

**tins

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 17-Oct-17 13:47:45

Coconut isn't a nut unless they have a specific coconut allergy?

applepinkierainbow Tue 17-Oct-17 14:12:57

I panicked about coconut so decided to avoid but useful to know that should have been fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now