Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Peach cobbler/eves pudding

(7 Posts)
atomicnotsoblonde Mon 16-Oct-17 13:51:24

Hi I’m in the midst of an enforced culinary re-education since I became a single mom.

I want to make an Eve’s pudding but with peaches not apples... needs to be spongy rather than pastry top.

Any ideas for a recipe gratefully received. I’m not sure I’m finding quite what I want off google! Thanks all x

Ps - did I mention this is for tonight??? grin

BoreOfWhabylon Mon 16-Oct-17 13:59:32

I do it with apricots, (canned and drained). Just top with basic sponge mix - two eggs, equal weights, butter, sugar, SR flour beat till smooth and dollop over the top.

180ish oven for about 30 mins or until done (stick skewer in to test)

Lovely in winter with custard --or cold for breakfast-£

BoreOfWhabylon Mon 16-Oct-17 14:04:42

Butter the dish first and if fresh fruit sprinkle a bit of sugar over it.

atomicnotsoblonde Mon 16-Oct-17 14:32:48

Thank you that was so quick! I’ll give it a go.. peaches are canned and I’ve got some custard in. When you say equal weights - like 100g of each? X

BoreOfWhabylon Mon 16-Oct-17 16:14:10

Sorry, just weigh the eggs in their shells, then same weight of the 2eggs for flour, sugar, butter. Some people add a bit of baking powder too. I don't usually bother, just use SR flour.

Bit of cinnamon might be nice on peaches too

atomicnotsoblonde Mon 16-Oct-17 19:04:20

Oh my. It was lush. Added cinnamon, mixed spice and some frozen raspberries...

It was the work of the gods - very happy kids - thank you! smile

BoreOfWhabylon Mon 16-Oct-17 19:31:10

It's my go-to pudding. Any kind of fruit, although my favourite is apricots. Everyone seems to love it and it's so easy.

Glad you enjoyed it smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now