Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Batch cooking ideas, please

(5 Posts)
soundsystem Sun 15-Oct-17 11:59:09

DH is working away for 7 weeks, and I'm stocking the freezer up before he goes, to make life easier when he's away.

So far I've done a big batch of bolognese sauce, and a huge mac 'n' cheese, all portioned up, some vegetable soup, and a sausage stew.

What else could I do that would be good?

Will have quick teas like omelettes/stir-fries some nights, and the odd fish finger here and there as well, but having a stash of things I can just heat up will help.

Children are 1 and 3, and eat everything (For the moment, at least I know how quickly this can change!)

kateandme Sun 15-Oct-17 13:01:49

shephards pie.even just a batch of the mince then if you cant be bothered with mashing you can servie it with jackets or boiled pots.or you can turn it into curried keema mince.or add tomato or chillie to it.very adaptable.
lasagne
chicken stew
portions of salmon which can be put straight int othe microwave.
currys.
stuffed peppers.
pizza pockets.
baked ziti
burritos
chicken fajitas

ooh here you go hun.best page ive seen yet
www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/collection/batch-cooking

AtleastitsnotMonday Sun 15-Oct-17 23:13:36

Home made pizza dough. Batches of falafels and fishcakes come in handy. Fish pie

nailslikeknives Sun 15-Oct-17 23:25:34

Chilli con carne freezes well, so do most curries. I freeze Jamie Oliver's korma and rogan josh.
And risotto. I do a huge batch and freeze.
I love my freezer!

nailslikeknives Sun 15-Oct-17 23:26:55

And sausage stew w extra pesto in, mmmmm!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now