Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ikea have discontinued Sotsak Dammsucare

(20 Posts)
Lookingtothehighlands Thu 12-Oct-17 12:59:22

Ikea have discontinued sotsak dammsugare www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/food-beverages/pastries-desserts-cookies/s%C3%B6tsak-dammsugare-pastry-with-almond-paste-art-70229023/
My OH is in mourning!
I'm going to have to try and make them! I have found this recipe www.swedishfood.com/swedish-food-recipes-biscuits-cakes/376-arrack-rolls-or-vacuum-cleaners-punschrullar-eller-dammsugare
Has anyone made them and can offer advice?

Lookingtothehighlands Sat 14-Oct-17 09:03:25

No one? Maybe I asked on the wrong thread. Maybe no one else likes them??

BlueMonday17 Sat 14-Oct-17 10:34:45

My family are all with your OH - this is bad news indeed for fans of marzipannytruffley cakes sad I'm not a great baker so don't reckon I've much chance of making them well, but good luck with the recipe!

Lookingtothehighlands Sat 14-Oct-17 11:59:26

Yep, I've promised I'll have a go. I'm mystified why they thought it was a good plan to stop selling them - the only way I could get my DH in there was the promise of stocking up at the end!

Polter Sat 14-Oct-17 12:19:54

Ocado have them.

BlueMonday17 Tue 17-Oct-17 00:44:32

Cheers Polter, but Ocado don't deliver to my city, so the search continues!

HairsprayBabe Tue 17-Oct-17 10:19:09

Do you have a Hema near by OP?

They sell something very similar but not bright green!

Lookingtothehighlands Tue 17-Oct-17 10:35:50

Thank you so much both!
Hema looks great, but nowhere near me sadly...but wow! marzipan sushi! marzipan pizza, marzipan vegetables! I need to go to a Hema!
Looks like I will have to make a mega Ocado order - thank you Polter.
I haven't given up on the idea of making them tho, especially as then I can make vegan ones for my dd.

Lookingtothehighlands Tue 17-Oct-17 10:38:47

Marzipan piglets! Hey ho HairsprayBabe - looks like I'm going to have to plan a trip to a Hema!!

HairsprayBabe Tue 17-Oct-17 11:06:25

They have free delivery over £20!

Lookingtothehighlands Tue 17-Oct-17 11:08:40

Oh no!! I have to go out now, but fear I will not be able to resist when I get back. Still, has to be cheaper than a trip away planned around a visit to Hema. Anything else you recommend from there??

Lookingtothehighlands Tue 17-Oct-17 11:13:15

But I can't actually find the cakes?? Please can you post a link? Thank you so much!

HairsprayBabe Tue 17-Oct-17 11:17:58

I love their partyware, and I cannot resist a stroop waffel.

And these are amazing:www.hemashop.com/gb/shop/cooking-dining/food-drinks/chocolate-sweets/chocolate-spice-cookie-drops-cappuccino-(10904022)?variant=10904022

There seasonal stuff is always good great little bits and bobs for stocking stuffers or party bags and I absolutely love their makeup range especially the eyeshadow pencils.

Not particularly helpful but basically I have liked everything i have bought from there XD

It is similar to Flying Tiger but much better quality imo.

HairsprayBabe Tue 17-Oct-17 11:28:54

Hmm can't see any on their website! But they had them in store (Birmingham) last week

wizzywig Tue 17-Oct-17 11:30:08

Why would ikea do this?!

Mustang27 Tue 17-Oct-17 12:18:51

Iv not tried them. Do they have wheat in them as that’s likely why (coeliac) if not I’m gutted as they sound very yummy.

PolkaDottyRose Tue 17-Oct-17 12:26:04

Aaargghh..say it ain't so! love those! they don't even touch the sides ;)

Lookingtothehighlands Tue 17-Oct-17 15:59:30

Afraid its true. After they told me in store I contacted customer services on 'live chat' and they confirmed they have been discontinued sad

PolkaDottyRose Tue 17-Oct-17 16:22:57

It's like stopping the billy bookcase..or the meatballs in the cafe..madness reigns!

wowfudge Tue 17-Oct-17 23:07:14

I love marzipan but I thought those IKEA things were vile! More of a Princess cake fan. Very interested in Hema now though...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now