Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Jamie Oliver books

(13 Posts)
DrPill Mon 09-Oct-17 17:16:42

I love cooking, and I'm often given cook books as presents. I have several Jamie Oliver books but I am never tempted by anything in them. I have 30 Mins, 15 Mins, Italy (this one more tempting than the others!), Superfoods, Christmas and the Ministry of Food one.
What should I attempt? Have you tried anything delicious that will enthuse me?

Clayhead Mon 09-Oct-17 17:23:56

30 Mins - we love the Jerk Chicken, Piri Piri Chicken, Fishcakes, Steak Sandwich, pork with apple, Chowder, Pregnant Pasta.

15 Mins - Jerk Pork, Hungarian Pork, Cajun Chicken, Tikka Salad, Catalan Pasta, Cous Cous Salad.

MoF has some nice stew recipes, I use the slowcooker for them.

Cakescakescakes Mon 09-Oct-17 17:27:22

I have a few Jamie books too but never really got into them until I got the new 5 ingredients one which I have made loads from.

CalmanOnSpeeddial Mon 09-Oct-17 17:28:39

Double all the times given in the 15 minutes book unless you have the knife skills of a professional chef. But other than that they’re quite nice recipes.

thenewaveragebear1983 Mon 09-Oct-17 17:32:29

Cypriot chicken in the 30 mins, plus there's a mustard chicken which is also lovely

The Laska curry in the superfoods book is the nicest curry I've ever made.

I am systematically cooking my way through the 5 ingredients book as we speak. There's a delicious chocolate mousse which is also in the 30 minutes book which is fab and quick.

handslikecowstits Mon 09-Oct-17 19:36:26

From the MOF book, the stews are lovely, the spicy meatloaf is really tasty and not dry at all and the mince and onion pie is really nice too.

BarbaraOcumbungles Mon 09-Oct-17 19:42:26

The 15 minutes sweet potato and feta mash is really nice. We have it sometimes with chilli and coriander and the rolled in wraps with a big salad.

Ministry of food cheesy pea paste is delicious

OuchBollocks Mon 09-Oct-17 19:44:25

Pick a page at random. I am not a huge fan of the man on tv but his recipes mostly seem to work very well..MOF revolutionised my salads and stews.

GinTwin Tue 10-Oct-17 19:20:23

There’s a lovely tomato spaghetti in superfood. Ministry of food lasagne is delicious, although I don’t add all the water he says.

GreenGoblin0 Fri 13-Oct-17 08:43:29

MofF chili is our go to recipe
stews are good basic recipes you can then adapt
we always use the consistently good gravy recipe for a roast

Riversleep Fri 13-Oct-17 08:45:37

I normally do one thing from the 30 minute menu (which takes me more than 30 minutes!) Haven't done anything for a while but I like the spanakipitta pie

Riversleep Fri 13-Oct-17 08:46:35

Oh and tons of stuff from ministry of food. I only do macaroni cheese and stews the JO way now!

BitOutOfPractice Fri 13-Oct-17 08:52:01

30 minutes. The pregnant pasta and macaroni cauliflower cheese are massive favourites in this house. Massive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now