Talk

Advanced search

Steam chicken parcels

(4 Posts)
HastingsLikeTheBattle Mon 02-Oct-17 15:46:40

DD has found a recipe she'd like us to add to our freezer batch cooked list, basically it's chicken breast with spring onions, carrots, courgette seasons with soy sauce and Chinese five spice.

As I'm new to batch cooking, I'm trying to figure out how best to freeze so it's ready to cook. Would I freeze the chicken on its own, or would I get it all ready with the veg and seasoning - wrap it up ready to steam, then freeze?

OP’s posts: |
JamOrCreamFirst Mon 02-Oct-17 15:48:37

It seems such a simple recipe I can't see the point in batch freezing it. Just defrost some frozen chicken breasts and add the other stuff.

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Mon 02-Oct-17 15:51:19

Another vote for just cooking this one from fresh. It’s the sort of thing you can pop in the oven and wonder off to do something else smile

HastingsLikeTheBattle Mon 02-Oct-17 21:15:51

Thanks, I do take your point about it being a simple dish and therefore not needing to batch cook, I think I was just trying to ensure I had all the ingredients ready to hand. We're also trying to meal plan properly to stop wasting money on food which doesn't get used in time.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »