Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Slow cooker timing

(5 Posts)
Chimichangaz Mon 25-Sep-17 06:26:10

I've got some fab recipes that are 8 hours on low. Problem is I would put the slow cooker on at 7 then I'm not home til 6ish. Would the food be ok if I put it on a timer to switch off at 3 and left in worktop til I get in?? TIA

Tumilnaughts Mon 25-Sep-17 06:31:00

I've done that a few times with no problems but you'll probably get some people saying it's not good food hygiene or something.

Cookingongas Mon 25-Sep-17 07:19:03

I tend to go the other way- time it to cone on after I leave so that food is hot and ready when I get home. But my house isn't centrally heated and my kitchen is very cold so I don't worry about leaving things standing.

I have also left a lot of 8 hour recipes on for 11 hours with no negative impact.

Chimichangaz Mon 25-Sep-17 19:12:01

Hmmm my house is warm. I worry if I time it to come on low a few hours after I leave that it won't get up to temp and cook it enough. Might be worth trying it for longer than 8 hours?

Prictoriafeckam Tue 26-Sep-17 21:40:11

8 hours, 11 hours, it really doesn't matter. Leave it on. There'll be no difference, except it might be even better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now