Talk

Advanced search

Share your best bread recipe please.

(8 Posts)
Eliza9917 Thu 21-Sep-17 15:52:29

Hi, I don't eat wheat, rice, potatoes, sugars, junk food etc as it upsets my stomach. DP also suffers but not down to specific foods like me.

I've read that so many people are having issues with bread because of the manufacturing process, but if you let bread prove & rise etc the way it used to be done, people get less problems so, I'd like to have a go at making my own bread.

Does anyone have a good simple recipe to share with me, and any best practice please? I'd like a recipe/method that I can use to knock up bread midweek/as and when required.

I'd like to use multigrain/spelt flour or whatever is best, just not white refined flour.

Brienne Thu 21-Sep-17 20:22:19

I'm currently dabbling with sourdough. Can be done very successfully with spelt and is supposed to be very digestible.
I'm using the book DO: Sourdough which seems very straightforward but I'm only st the starter phase (wheat based starter although the book includes a rye starter recipe too)

Eliza9917 Thu 21-Sep-17 22:02:41

Thanks, I used this recipe in the end and used whole grain spelt flour.

Eliza9917 Thu 21-Sep-17 22:03:58

I topped it with salt and pepper and olive oil before cooking.

Hebenon Thu 21-Sep-17 22:11:48

No knead bread is great. You can mix it up the evening before you want it and cook in time for dinner the next day. It is very trouble-free as long as you have space for a large bowl to be sitting about somewhere in your kitchen. I do mine with half and half brown and white flour.

www.thelondoner.me/2012/06/no-knead-crusty-bread.html

Eliza9917 Thu 21-Sep-17 22:59:26

Thanks, I've bookmarked that link but I haven't got a le cruset (sp?) pan.

Hebenon Fri 22-Sep-17 07:26:01

Any heavyish casserole dish with a lid will do!

Eliza9917 Fri 22-Sep-17 09:33:13

Thanks I might have a go at that one next then

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now