This is a Premium feature
Is anyone interested in an allergy-friendly recipe sharing thread?(1 Post)
Just wondered if anyone fancied starting a thread full of lovely allergy-free meals/snack ideas. (Honestly, I'm knackered: my son's just started Reception and having to think of lunches and dinners is killing me because nursery have been doing all the hard work for me for the past 3 years ).
One of our favourites:
CHICKEN AND MUSHROOM PIE - free from dairy, egg, soya, nuts, tomato.
- Using ready made shortcrust pastry, roll out and line a pastry dish, then add baking balls or dried beans then bake blind at 190c for around 20 mins.
- Meanwhile, chop up some onion and start to fry in a little oil.
- Add diced chicken pieces (or turkey which is cheaper ) and some little pieces of carrot, mushroom or broccoli, along with garlic and oregano, and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Add a heaped tablespoonful of plain flour and keep cooking and stirring for around 5 minutes.
- Pour in some 'milk' gradually until the chicken and veg are in a nice thick sauce (I find cashew milk the best as it has no flavour, or if I use oat milk I add a spoonful of nutritional yeast flakes to make it more savoury).
- Once pastry has been cooked, pour in the chicken mixture, return to the oven and cooked for another 15 minutes until a bit more 'set' on top.
I make a pie big enough for two nights, and cut it into portions once it's cooled down so it can be frozen.
I'll try to add some more later but I'd love to see what others cook during the week as well so we don't end up with the same dinner every night .
Join the discussion
Please login first.