Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Looking for soft drinks without artificial sweeteners!

(15 Posts)
Aeriefairy Wed 13-Sep-17 16:44:54

I'm planning a little Halloween party for my stepson and as a treat thought we could have cherryade and maybe orange/appleade as they are Halloween themed, however I can't find any so far which don't have artificial sweeteners in! My personal view has always been that soft drinks are a treat so when we/I do have them I buy those with sugar/naturally sweetened as I have bad reactions to aspartame!
Can anyone point me to some or similar? If all else fails I'll add cherry juice to sparkling water grin

PickAChew Wed 13-Sep-17 16:46:20

Sainsbury's and m&s are usually a good bet.

Snozwanger Wed 13-Sep-17 16:58:18

I find that most fizzy drinks now have sweeteners in and you might struggle with cherryade as it's not so common. I'd maybe switch the appleade for Appletizer which is just carbonated apple. You could add a natural colouring to make it a bit more green if you wanted.

sparechange Wed 13-Sep-17 17:01:16

Cawston Press do lovely sparking drinks with no sweetners
They come in cans rather than bottles though, so will work out more expensive than 'generic pop' from the supermarket

Aeriefairy Wed 13-Sep-17 17:01:21

I think I remember tango cherry not having artificial sweeteners when I was a kid, it's such a shame they ruin drinks by adding the nasties! Even High juice in Tesco now has added sweeteners angry Natural Food colouring is a fab idea! grin

Aeriefairy Wed 13-Sep-17 17:02:00

I might try the cawston press with some natural colouring to make it Halloween-y grin

OurMiracle1106 Wed 13-Sep-17 17:02:40

Make your own orangeade? I use orange and pineapple squash and add sparkling water.

QCaitlin Thu 28-Sep-17 12:55:28

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

markingplace Thu 28-Sep-17 13:37:04

QCaitlin, completed your survey. I would love if a concentrate could be developed, I'm really annoyed that I can't find a cordial to dilute for my kids without lots of added artificial sweeteners!

CreamCrackerundertheSettee Thu 28-Sep-17 13:43:03

Rocks organic cordial has no sweetener, just sugar. Top it up with sparkling water to make it fizzy.

QCaitlin Thu 28-Sep-17 14:16:38

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Kimb63 Wed 18-Oct-17 22:31:19

M&S plus Waitrose seem to be the only places where soft drinks and squashes are available without artificial sweetners these days! Hate artificial sweetners with a passion but have managed to buy tonic water and hi-juice from M&S without them! Look out for 'Sucralose' as although a sweetner it is 100% natural. Have been told that Waitrose are similar. Fever Tree is also free from artificial sweetner just a little more pricey. Belvoir is another make which is totally free of anything artificial and their Ginger Beer is awesome ;))

Kimb63 Wed 18-Oct-17 22:35:39

Try M&S Hi-Juice which has NO artificial sweetners and uses Sucralose which is a natural sweetner derived from sugar.

mnistooaddictive Wed 18-Oct-17 22:36:31

7up (not the free version) is the only standard fizzy drink that is sweetener free. My Dds are additive free so we sometimes have it.

Kimb63 Wed 18-Oct-17 22:37:19

Just beware when using squash that it is free from any artificial sweetners! ;)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now