Talk

Advanced search

What to eat for breakfast if you don't like breakfast food?

(6 Posts)
DanHumphreyIsA Mon 11-Sep-17 10:00:58

Normal breakfast food doesn't really do anything for me. Ive tried all sorts, fruit cereal porridge nuts toast breakfast bars, anything you can think of. Whether I like it or not, it just doesn't keep me going. Im hungry after about an hour.
The only things I do like and that sort of keep me satisfied are croissants and egg/hash brown cob. But I get sick of eating these everyday, and I can't imagine theyre the healthiest. Plus I dont always have time to go out and buy croissants (can't make them for the life of me) or time to make the eggs and has browns in the morning.

Any ideas anyone?

OP’s posts: |
RamblingFar Mon 11-Sep-17 10:03:41

I eat Belvita (the sandwich type), probably not the healthiest, but I'm agency and I never know if and when I'm working. They transport well, are no fuss to eat and fill me up to lunch.

Twistmeandturnme Mon 11-Sep-17 10:07:31

Poached egg on wholemeal toast without butter (a smear of marmite is good). Protein, slow release carbs, 3 mins to make. Delicious.
Baked beans on toast.

Coldhandscoldheart Mon 11-Sep-17 10:11:06

Last nights leftovers. Really, there's no law that says you can't have a portion of lasagne or something for breakfast. I should think it would be a couple of minutes in a microwave?

Ollivander84 Mon 11-Sep-17 10:11:47

I do scrambled eggs in the microwave with tinned tomatoes and ham. Random I know grin if I have time then I add some mushrooms too

Or banana pancakes (egg + banana) with Greek yoghurt and strawberries

Soup in winter

blueskyinmarch Mon 11-Sep-17 10:14:05

My breakfast usually combines at least two of: tomatoes, eggs (scrambled or poached), smoked salmon and avocado. Low carbing so no bread and never cereal.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »