Talk

Advanced search

Kim Chi Glut

(9 Posts)
friedeggsand Wed 06-Sep-17 08:50:44

I've bought too much of the stuff and whilst I obviously have a while to use it I just wondered what your favorite recipes that use it are?

OP’s posts: |
JDScrubs Wed 06-Sep-17 13:32:08

Kimchi pancakes! I always make some after I've made some kimchi I use this recipe but also add fresh green onions www.maangchi.com/recipe/kimchijeon
Also like it just mixed in with some plain or fried rice or mixed in with noodles.
On top of a burger is also nice for western dish idea!
But for the most part I just serve it as a side dish with rice and other side dishes at dinner.

happysunr1se Wed 06-Sep-17 13:34:05

Make coleslaw with it: apple, cucumber, mayonnaise, bit of mustard, glug of rice wine vinegar (or any vinegar really), carrot, and chopped up kimchi.

Or try adding it to egg fried rice. Or for instant noodles you can top it with kimchi and add the kimchi juice to the soup base.

Eolian Wed 06-Sep-17 13:35:06

Where do you buy it? I quite fancy trying some but haven't seen anywhere that sells it!

JDScrubs Wed 06-Sep-17 13:45:13

You can buy it online from hmart, starrymart, souschef are a couple of sites I know sell it, our local Asian food shop also sells little packets of it. it's also surpringly easy to make if you fancy homemade stuff.

Eolian Wed 06-Sep-17 14:00:08

Thanks. Will check that out.

friedeggsand Wed 06-Sep-17 14:05:19

Ocado have it in stock in my area - but there's also a large Korean population here

OP’s posts: |
Eolian Wed 06-Sep-17 15:35:07

I live in rural Cumbria. Possibly not much call for it up here. grin

happysunr1se Wed 06-Sep-17 16:06:26

There's loads've recipes online to make various types of kimchi yourself. Homemade has the added benefit of having "good" bacteria in it rather than the pasteurised kimchi you buy commercially.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »