Talk

Advanced search

Kitchen aid stand mixer

(7 Posts)
blamethecat Tue 05-Sep-17 16:49:19

I have come into a small sum of money and am very tempted to finally buy a kitchen aid, I have wanted one for a very long time and could buy one with the money or a sofa , but there are a few models available and I am not sure which one to go for, it will mainly be used for cakes and bread and as there are 3 of us in the family not massive quantities. It also seems they vary hugely in price depending where they are bought from, I like a bargain so can anyone suggest a good place to but from that is reliable ? ( I think I have seen what I think is the same one vary form £350 to £550).

OP’s posts: |
Cakescakescakes Fri 08-Sep-17 15:38:12

I bought my stand mixer from Harts of Stur online. They always have great prices and the delivery was quick, machine well packaged etc.

I bought mine after a small unexpected windfall too and it makes me happy every time I look at it.

The artisan mixer is what I have and it is the normal one you see most places, on Bake Off etc. The classic one is virtually the same but only in white. There is a larger one but it's gigantic.

www.hartsofstur.com/acatalog/Kitchenaid_Artisan_Mixer.html

Cakescakescakes Fri 08-Sep-17 15:40:11

I have the red one that is on for a cracking price in that link above although I bought mine a couple of years ago. Having an extra is really handy too.

Whatthefoxgoingon Fri 08-Sep-17 15:42:37

There's a smaller mini mixer too, it's not that mini actually but a tad cheaper. They are all very heavy so have a think about where you'll keep it. They are not easily moved! I have the largest size, I never move it.

Coloursthatweremyjoy Fri 08-Sep-17 15:46:32

I have the artisan stand mixer. One of the best things I've bought...I don't even mash potato by hand any more.

Mine was from John Lewis and although it wasn't the lowest price I got a lot of extra gadgets free. My friend got the glass bowl free with hers which looks very stylish.

Also bought after a windfall.

MightyMunki Fri 08-Sep-17 16:37:46

I bought my artisan mixer from ebay from a factory in Belgium that sold factory seconds. They only sold models which had tiny imperfections on the outside, mine was so unnoticeable I had to hunt for the tiny scratch. It was about £250 and as there was a kitchen aid promotion on at the time I got a free glass bowl and free food processor when I registered it on the kitchen aid site.

I've just checked the eBay seller and they aren't selling any at the moment. It might be worth checking for other sellers though.

blamethecat Fri 08-Sep-17 18:55:32

Thanks for replies, we have a local independent cookshop that do them for around £400 I am calling them as soon as the money clears to see if they have one in stock. If not I will order from the website cakes suggested. I am far too excited and am going to start planning some baking. Ds starts school next week so I need to fill my day off with something grin

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »