Talk

Advanced search

Freezing Pasta?

(5 Posts)
FartnissEverbeans Mon 04-Sep-17 16:14:51

Hi everyone,

I batch cooked some butternut squash cheese pasta for my baby and froze it in portions. I defrosted one portion in he fridge tonight and was pleased with the result.

I was going to reuse the leftover defrosted pasta for his lunch tomorrow but DH thinks that won't be safe. Surely it'll be fine, as long as it's refrigerated again until I use it up?

Can it be reheated safely? I wasn't planning on reheating it but wanted to check anyway.

Sauce only contains butternut squash, cheese, butter, milk. Thanks!

OP’s posts: |
StayGoldPonyBoy Mon 04-Sep-17 16:15:54

Yep. Absolutely fine for one night in the fridge. Just don't refreeze and thaw again.

HerOtherHalf Mon 04-Sep-17 16:22:26

I'm not clear on the details. Did you reheat the whole defrosted portion and then want to reheat the leftovers again? Did you reheat only part of the portion and want to refrigerate and reheat the other part?

If the latter I would see no problem. The former though, I wouldn't reheat the same food twice, not for a baby.

StayGoldPonyBoy Mon 04-Sep-17 16:28:05

Sorry yes I missed the reheating bit. It'd be fine to eat cold but I wouldn't heat it through again. I just read it as you weren't planning on reheating

FartnissEverbeans Tue 05-Sep-17 07:17:09

Thanks everyone! I wasn't planning on reheating it again, just serving it cold for his lunch. Glad to hear it's ok to do that

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »