Talk

Advanced search

What wine pairs best with chicken nuggets?

(12 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

WinoholicDonna Mon 21-Aug-17 20:01:20

Hey mums!!!

I am in love with wine and I drink it whenever I can (just not infront of the kids!). I just want to ask.. what wine goes well with chicken nuggets and fries alongside ketchup from Mcdonalds? It might sound oddly specific and that's because... it is!

I want to feel classy when I'm eating the unclassiest of food tonight.. and how could I without drinking wine?

The price range can be anything cheap to expensive, I just want to be able to pop over to my nearest Tesco and get some booze because the children are all out. smile

Thank you, Mums!!

Much love, Donna xx

OP’s posts: |
NotTheDuchessOfCambridge Mon 21-Aug-17 20:05:12

Ooh, white meat so I go with a Sauvignon. Nice and cold, also goes well with fish. Castlero Diablo do a nice one and Nisa Local often have it on offer. Hope that helps.

candicemerlot Mon 21-Aug-17 20:05:40

I think you want to be in the kids fridge Donna lol, wine with McDonald's? This website does make me laugh and so do you! I'd go for a nice white whine though! Isla Negra does a lovely white, and I have it with battered chicken breasts when making the DS a quick dinner. Goes down a treat. grinLOL (lots of love) X

GinLoverSharon Mon 21-Aug-17 20:09:45

Personally, I'd have a gin! haha! wink but if you had to chose a wine, I'd have a Pinot Noir grin

WinoholicDonna Mon 21-Aug-17 20:12:52

@NotTheDuchessOfCambridge yes!! I do love a good Castlero Diablo also.. I actually have a Nisa Local just down my road so maybe I'll pop there.. Saves the time LOL
@candicemerlot LOL, you're hilarious, Candice. I'll keep the Isla Negra in mind.. BTW, I heard LOL actually means Laughing Out Loud!! :D

ClashCityRocker Mon 21-Aug-17 20:12:56

Gotta be a sparkling perry with a maccy ds...

Scrowy Mon 21-Aug-17 20:13:39

Vouvray. Tesco do a lovely one for under a tenner

WinoholicDonna Mon 21-Aug-17 20:13:43

@GinLoverSharon Ah, I love gins too!! Pinot Noir.. never tasted it - I'll maybe try it.

IStoleThisUsername Mon 21-Aug-17 20:14:39

Gotta be a bottle of lambrini, surely 😂

WinoholicDonna Mon 21-Aug-17 20:14:51

Thank youu guys!! I'll probably settle for a Castlero Diablo or a Vouvray. You mums save my life sometimes! LOL!

RudeDog Mon 21-Aug-17 20:18:23

A really big one 🍷

IonaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 21-Aug-17 20:57:20

Evening all. Thanks for the reports. Might it be past your bedtime now, Donna? hmm

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »