Talk

Advanced search

Fancy pasta tonight!! Ideas please!

(18 Posts)
doozeldog Fri 18-Aug-17 06:28:36

I really fancy a nice pasta dish, however I've never done a Italian dish other than bolignase spaghetti meat balls and lasagne. Boring I know!! We all eat meat, we like fish but not shellfish!

Any recipes welcome!!

OP’s posts: |
Silvertap Fri 18-Aug-17 06:40:04

Google hairy bikers puttanesca. The simplest most delicious recipe ever!

SpuriouserAndSpuriouser Fri 18-Aug-17 06:41:02

There was a recipe in the guardian recently for a summery courgette and feta pasta, hang on, I will have a google.

www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/jul/29/courgette-recipes-cobbler-marinated-with-freekeh-pasta-yotam-ottolenghi

Found it! It's the first one on the page and it is delicious!

ToesInWater Fri 18-Aug-17 07:00:43

Fry some chorizo and mushrooms, add tinned tomatoes, red wine and some Italian herbs. Cook until it reduces a bit then throw in a handful of pitted olives. Easy and yummy.

Cailleach666 Fri 18-Aug-17 07:03:40

My family's favourite is tagliatelle with a chicken, cream and tomato sauce.

MsHippo Fri 18-Aug-17 07:14:40

Or a proper homemade carbonara? Eggs, Parmesan, lardons fried until crispy along with the fat that comes out, piles of black pepper and a splash of the pasta cooking water, easy!

MissHemsworth Fri 18-Aug-17 15:36:15

Saw this on another thread a while back. It sounds delicious & a bit unusual:

http://www.waitrose.com/home/recipes/recipedirectory/s/siciliann_sardineandd_fennel_pasta.html

AtleastitsnotMonday Fri 18-Aug-17 16:56:19

I did this Gino recipe, spicy tagliatelle with peppers, courgettes, red onion and thyme. It was delicious.

Scribblegirl Fri 18-Aug-17 16:58:53

We do a really gorgeous mushroom and cream one with thyme. Best of you can use porcinni mushrooms too smile

Alternatively I have the most heart attack inducing 4 cheese recipe...

KarateKitten Fri 18-Aug-17 17:00:09

I use sausage meat and fried courgettes. Then add some chopped fresh mozerella and basil at the end to toss in. Loads of Parmesan.

LorLorr2 Fri 18-Aug-17 17:02:25

You could have a try at Carbonara? smile

RJnomore1 Fri 18-Aug-17 17:04:23

My favourite:

Fry off chopped up bacon, add a tin of tomatoes a chicken stick cube and cook down for five minutes, stir in some creme fraiche, add either a tin of petit plus or a couple of handfuls of frozen peas and your cooked pasta.

It's simple quick and amazing.

Nearlyadoctor Sun 20-Aug-17 16:57:54

Jools pregnant pasta - 0ne of my favourite pasta dishes. I always a portion of sausage meat like you would buy for sausage rolls etc from the butcher rather than faffing with individual sausages.
www.redonline.co.uk/food/recipes/jools-oliver-s-pregnant-pasta

squoosh Sun 20-Aug-17 17:05:45

I was going to say the Jamie Oliver one with sausage meat and fennel seeds although the recipe I refer to is called 'Proper blokes' sausage fusilli'

www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/pasta-recipes/proper-blokes-sausage-fusilli/

It's gorgeous! Although he does give his dishes the worst names.

'Jools Pregnant Pasta' or 'Proper blokes' sausage fusilli'

RemusLupinsBiggestGroupie Sun 20-Aug-17 19:01:54

Carluccio's courgette pasta, especially if you can be bothered to do the spinach balls (it's lovely without them too, though).

Grooves Mon 21-Aug-17 14:26:17

Cajun chicken pasta?

You just need chicken, basil, cream, tinned toms, garlic, red pepper and an onion.

Fry pepper, onion and the garlic until soft, add chicken. Cook all together and then add tomatoes, add cream, then add your Cajun spice (to your own preference) taste to see how you like it, add basil, salt and pepper to taste. You would also need to put pasta on half way through. Once pasta is ready, add it to the Cajun chicken and stir through. You could do it as a pasta bake, or straight from pan to plate. Add cheese if you like. You can also swap pasta for rice. (:

MusicToMyEars800 Mon 21-Aug-17 15:50:13

One of my Favourite Pasta dishes to cook is Spaghetti Carbonara, its soo tasty and very addictive: here's my recipe.

allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/40976/dawn-s-favourite-spaghetti-carbonara.aspx

It's quite versatile, so you could add things like sliced chicken and mushroom if you wanted to.

StealingYourWiFi Mon 21-Aug-17 19:07:49

Jools pregnant pasta 2nded! We turn it into lasagne and it's even better.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »