Talk

Advanced search

Puff pastry

(5 Posts)
Bloodyhellfire Tue 08-Aug-17 11:50:28

Yesterday, I defrosted some shop bought Puff Pastry to make some cheesy vegetable squares with. I want to freeze them so I have them ready for packed lunches. The recipe says that they should be frozen uncooked. Is it ok to refreeze pastry after defrosting ? I am getting conflicting advice from Google 🙄 Just wondered what you lot thought ☺️

OP’s posts: |
PumpkinSpiceEverything Tue 08-Aug-17 12:30:50

The pastry won't be nice when frozen & defrosted... will get soggy & chewy. Can you freeze them uncooked and bake off the night before?

PonderLand Tue 08-Aug-17 12:35:17

Agree with pumpkin, I worked in a patisserie and we'd shape the pastry in the morning and then freeze. We'd put them in the oven when needed. We made the pastry though so I'm unsure if it's the same if it's previously been frozen then unfrozen / shaped then frozen hmm could you make the batch once bought and then freeze?

Bloodyhellfire Tue 08-Aug-17 12:44:06

I meant to refreeze it still uncooked (sorry - wasn't clear). I don't often use pastry so I normally buy Jus Roll but it looks like I should make some from scratch 🙈🙈🙈 Thanks ladies☺️

OP’s posts: |
PonderLand Tue 08-Aug-17 13:05:28

Ah yeah it should be fine! If it was me I'd buy it from the fridge section though and then freeze once it's shaped.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »