Talk

Advanced search

Is this healthy/how can I make this healthy?

(5 Posts)
KimchiLaLa Mon 07-Aug-17 17:23:02

Tonight DH is out and I want to make wholewheat pasta, with tomatoes and courgettes in a garlicky olive oil sauce. I'll probably go overboard on the Parmesan I stick on top. So is the pasta unhealthy? I actually like the taste. But it is still pasta after all.

OP’s posts: |
OnyK Mon 07-Aug-17 18:18:54

Why would it be unhealthy? Pasta/carbs are an essential part of any diet.
The only 'unhealthy' part would be the dependant on the amount of oil and cheese, but again, not if part of a balanced diet.

AtleastitsnotMonday Mon 07-Aug-17 20:17:16

It's fine. Although healthy means different things to different people.

fdbg Tue 08-Aug-17 16:46:33

Wholewheat pasta good for you too.

Blondie1984 Tue 08-Aug-17 23:32:35

Pasta is fine - especially the wholewheat sort which is higher in fibre (something so many people aren't getting enough of), has lots of B vitamins and releases its sugar nice and steadily - especially when paired with protein and fat - which you will get from the oil and cheese. Add to that the vitamins you will get from the veg and it sounds like a great dinner.
The only thing to keep an eye on is the serving size - of pasta, cheese and oil.
Ignore anyone who says that pasta is bad for you as it just isn't true - there is no evidence out there to indicate that it is

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »