Talk

Advanced search

Healthy recipe inspiration

(3 Posts)
usernotfound0000 Tue 18-Jul-17 12:41:58

I'm trying to lose some weight and using MFP to control calorie intake.

I'm looking for some recipe inspiration to find meals that I can make for me, DH and DD (2). We eat anything and like trying new things. We also try to eat veggie 2/3 times a week so more veggie recipes would be good!

TIA

OP’s posts: |
AtleastitsnotMonday Tue 18-Jul-17 16:34:41

Eggs baked in spicy tomato sauce
Spinach and pea fritata (oven baked)
Stuffed peppers (I make a fairly dry ratatouille, stir through cous cous and sprinkle on a bit of mozzarella)
Oven baked BNS falafel
Veggie chilli
Paprika chicken skewers
Tuna steaks
Cod fillets marinated in a mix of curry paste and yoghurt then baked.
Everything gets served with veg/salad will add carbs for those who want/need them.

AlwaysWashing Tue 18-Jul-17 17:57:51

We've just had a gluten free pasta salady thing with asparagus, green beans, red onion, peppers, spinach and lots of fresh basil & thyme. Crumbled some feta into it, a wee glug of olive oil and lots of black pepper. The kids (4&6) helped prep it and loved eating it.
We've all enjoyed herby chicken & veg kebabs and rice lately.
I've been doing the meat on Sundays with new potatoes and roasted veg rather than roasties/yorkshires etc.
Any fish (but we like whiting) with lots of fresh herbs stirred into a tiny pot of Phili light and spread on top and grilled.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »