Talk

Advanced search

Gravy

(7 Posts)
Teaonthelawn Sun 16-Jul-17 17:25:44

Hello
I usually make my own gravy. However when time is short and you want a short-cut...has anyone found a nice ready-made chicken gravy? I am thinking those tubs in the chiller cabinet.

foodiefil Sun 16-Jul-17 18:30:39

I like Maggi. The powder version. It's tasty!

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Wed 19-Jul-17 20:01:25

I might know a friend who uses M&S fresh gravy at Christmas and it freezes. Don't know if they sell it all year round though...

Chewbecca Fri 21-Jul-17 18:12:53

I haven't but have you thought about freezing your own gravy (leftover or made specially) for such occasions? It freezes really well.

I've tried a few of the M&S ones in pouches and had a good one a few years ago called 'poultry gravy' but they seem to change their ranges often and it isn't there now, the most recent poultry gravy I tried was in a pot, gluten free and awful.

Teaonthelawn Fri 21-Jul-17 18:46:50

I like the idea of freezing batches of homemade gravy. I have tried tubs from the chiller cabinet but have never found one that tastes nice. Might have a go at a Jamie Oliver style gravy (the one with chicken wings) and freeze in small batches.

Chewbecca Fri 21-Jul-17 21:41:53

That's the one I've made and frozen tea! It is very nice & rich, almost soupy.

ScarlettSunshine Sat 22-Jul-17 20:36:27

Get Tesco finest fresh stock, and mix it with butter and flour that have been on the hob a couple of minutes. Takes 15 minutes max, and only 5 of actual effort - the rest is just letting it bubble and reduce. It's amazing smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »