Talk

Advanced search

Easy & Mild Curry Recipes?

(6 Posts)
DearMrDilkington Thu 06-Jul-17 14:00:34

Can anyone recommend me some easy recipes for mild currys?

I always struggle making a curry, so i really need idiot proof recipes..blush

OP’s posts: |
Machine1234 Thu 06-Jul-17 14:55:43

Easy chicken korma. It's my own recipe 😬 but people seem to enjoy it.

Blitzed a large onion, 3 cloves of garlic and half an inch chunk of ginger in a blender/food processor. Transfer into a large saucepan, add a generous amount of cooking oil, lots of salt, 6 cardamom pods, 3 bay leaves, whole peppercorns, a couple of cloves, a piece of cinnamon bark (found in Indian stores) and a small tub of soured cream. Mix it all up and put the pan on a medium heat and cover. About 15 minutes later add pieces of de-skinned chicken on the bone (a whole chicken) and let it cook slowly on an low heat for about 34-40 mins. By the time it's finishes cooking all the liquid should have evaporated, leaving a thick glossy sauce.

DearMrDilkington Thu 06-Jul-17 15:48:02

Thank you! Sounds lovely, I love korma.grin

PickAChew Thu 06-Jul-17 16:04:36

The hairy bikers' chicken korma is dead easy and the sauce freezes well, if you want to make a big batch of it and use it just like you would a jarred sauce. I can only find the hairy dieters one online, though and that's not the one I make. I can recommend their great curries, book, though.

CoverYourKneesUp Sat 08-Jul-17 08:35:51

Dairy free veggie curry here!

1 tin coconut milk
1 tin chickpeas
1 sweet potato, diced
1 bell pepper, diced
1 onion, diced
2 tomatoes, diced
2 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp coriander
1/2 tsp turmeric
Fresh coriander

always use a metal pot to make a curry - I was told that it's crucial to giving the curry the right flavour

Lightly brown onions over high heat, then add peppers and sweet potatoes and spices, stir well for a minute before pouring in the coconut milk.
Cover and let simmer on low/medium low heat for at least 30 minutes. Taste and season with salt as necessary.

About 10 minutes before eating, stir in your chopped tomatoes and a handful of chopped coriander.

DearMrDilkington Sat 08-Jul-17 16:34:55

Lovely, thank you! I love veggie currys.grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »