Talk

Advanced search

Need a simple but wow cake.

(6 Posts)
AlexanderHamilton Sat 01-Jul-17 07:32:54

Ds is leaving his current school this week (unsupported SEN leading to him getting frustrated & behaving inappropriately so we were asked to withdraw him - huge backstory)

But there are a handful ofvthe teachers who are great with him. One is the home Ec teacher. She calls him her little star pupil.

He wants to bake her something as a thank you present. In class they have recently made muffins, brownies, carrot cake & cupcakes.

Any ideas?

OP’s posts: |
RealBabyFoodBaby Sat 01-Jul-17 20:41:11

I would do the brownies, maybe drizzle them with salted caramel (or similar) sauce after cooling to make them a little more special? Tbh I think they'd appreciate even just fairy cakes that have been made by/with your DS. Good luck smile

missmoffatt2705 Sun 02-Jul-17 15:37:42

How about marbled chocolate brownies on BBC Good Food Website? Look impressive, although contain a tonne of chocolate!

gingerbreadmam Sun 02-Jul-17 15:39:59

cadburys chocolate fudge cake from the cadburys site but double yhe ingredients.

trixymalixy Sun 02-Jul-17 15:48:36

Chocolate Guinness cake.

onemorecakeplease Mon 31-Jul-17 19:29:12

I'd do a naked cake.

Simple sponge cake - jam and buttercream in the middle (maybe do three layers of cake

Then put fresh fruit and a few flowers around the outside

So simple to do and so effective!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »