Talk

Advanced search

Easy Pasta Bake Recipes

(7 Posts)
Diamond25 Wed 21-Jun-17 16:11:49

Looking for some quick & easy recipes. I usually have chicken breast, tinned tomatoes & herbs so something that uses those ingredients would be good.

OP’s posts: |
Wolfiefan Wed 21-Jun-17 16:14:03

Watching with interest. We used to use the jar ones as an easy meal but nobody was that keen on them!

MusicToMyEars800 Wed 21-Jun-17 16:20:51

I add a bit of cream to mine to make it more indulgent, it goes well with chicken, I also add sweetcorn and sometimes peppers, with a mixture of gruyere and cheddar cheese on top.

Or alternatively make a cheese sauce and add fried pancetta, garlic, mushrooms and chicken.

MusicToMyEars800 Wed 21-Jun-17 16:22:32

If you use passata you can get a smoother sauce.

AtleastitsnotMonday Thu 22-Jun-17 13:43:16

I do a really nice one, don't work to an exact recipe but it's something along the lines of
Cook pasta
Fry onion, garlic peppers, mushrooms
Add tinned toms and herbs. I usually make it veggie so also add a can of kidney beans but I guess you could add chicken if you prefer. Season well and add a bit of either Worcester sauce or a good glue of balsamic.
Combine with cooked pasta and pour into oven proof dish.
Top with breadcrumbs and grated cheese and bake in oven for about 20 mins until the top is golden and crisp.

OculusReparo Thu 22-Jun-17 13:49:29

Not a pasta bake recipe but I usually caramelize some onions, salt and pepper, teensy bit of sugar, add in a tin of chopped tomatoes, a little bit of passata and a generous helping of basil and mozzarella (I sometimes also add dried oregano etc) and it tastes like a margherita pizza. I then pour it on top of the baked chicken breast and either have with chunky chips or some rice.

Diamond25 Thu 22-Jun-17 15:14:59

Thanks for the recipes. I hadn't thought of adding peppers or kidney beans.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »