Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What to eat in this hot weather?

(13 Posts)
TisConfusion Mon 19-Jun-17 12:26:33

Just interested to know what others are eating in this weather. Its so hot that I don't have much of an appetite but obviously still need to eat as well as feed DH and 2 DC!

TisConfusion Mon 19-Jun-17 12:27:18

I mean DP, not DH (yet), got a bit carried away there grin

DavetheCat2001 Mon 19-Jun-17 12:30:17

I was wondering what to give my DC this evening, earlier too. I had taken some chicken out of the freezer and was going to make them a mild chicken curry as it's one of the few things they will both actually eat, but put it back in the freezer again and there's no way I would want to eat curry in this weather!

For OH and I, it's mostly salads, fish/chicken and veg, I like omlettes too as they are quick and easy. For the kids I'll probably just do them bagels or sandwiches for dinner. Neither seem particularly hungry and the end of the day in this weather.

marmitecheesetoast Mon 19-Jun-17 12:36:08

We've mainly been having either salmon or chicken with cous cous and a big salad, or pizza out the freezer and salad. Just had a scrambled egg and tomato roll for lunch which for some reason really hit the spot too!

Therealslimshady1 Mon 19-Jun-17 12:37:33

Sausages in a bun and gazpacho

ColourfulOrangex Mon 19-Jun-17 12:39:26

We are having hot dogs and salad tonight then lots of ice lollies - which is what I have been munching on all day blush in my defence I'm nearly 36 weeks pregnant and melting!

LittlePrawn1 Mon 19-Jun-17 12:39:33

I have a roast chicken that I was going to cook tonight with all the trimmings and gravy! Really don't want that now, trying to think of something I can have with the chicken? Had salad last night

vitaminC Mon 19-Jun-17 12:40:24

Mainly watermelon grin

I'm in southern France and it's 36℃ right now. Yesterday when I did my weekly shop at the market I didn't even bother buying meat or fish. Just lots of salad vegetables. We'll add eggs or tuna for protein, but the onlyhot dish I've made for the week is ratatouille - which we usually eat sort of tepid, anyway.

HopeAndJoy16 Mon 19-Jun-17 12:41:41

We had a bbq yesterday so leftovers from that: Rice salad, couscous and other salady bits with chicken kebabs x

Jamhandprints Mon 19-Jun-17 12:42:03

Pasta or rice salad. Could have chicken/ ham/ tuna or hard boiled eggs in, plus veg and a salad dressing or half pasta sauce/ pesto and half mayo. Or burgers and salad...like a bbq but not!

TisConfusion Mon 19-Jun-17 15:18:59

Thanks! I've just ordered the shopping and think I've ordered pretty much everything mentioned haha. All sounds good to me grin

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 19-Jun-17 15:20:13

We BBQ when it's hot so have that with nice salads. Tonight we have steak smile

DavetheCat2001 Mon 19-Jun-17 21:05:49

We ended up having salmon with spinach and minted new potato salad.

T'was very nice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now