Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What shall I do with this... to make it more exciting?

(7 Posts)
TolpuddleFarterOATB Fri 09-Jun-17 16:25:08

Bought this pork fillet from Aldi as it was a good price. Going to cook it tonight (was thinking with baby potatoes, carrots etc.)

What can I do to make it more exciting? Any sort of sauce, or maybe a "rub" I could make to spice it up a bit?

Triangularsquare Fri 09-Jun-17 16:30:48

Got an apple lying around?

www.mastercook.com/app/Recipe/WebRecipeDetails?recipeId=10830254

P1nkP0ppy Fri 09-Jun-17 16:36:12

Http://www.cookinglight.com/food/quick-healthy/quick-easy-pork-recipes/pork-tenderloin-red-yellow-peppers

This is utterly lush op 😋, as is pan frying with button mushrooms, onions, green peppers, a dash of sherry or wine and crême fràiche and served with tagliatelle or rice.

MrsPnut Fri 09-Jun-17 16:37:35

I do a Nigel Slater recipe and slice the fillet into rounds and fry in butter and olive oil. wWhen just cooked through and slightly browned on each side take out of the pan and allow to rest.
Add a splash of Marsala to the juices in the pan and allow to reduce then most of a small tub of cream and a spoonful of grain mustard (and I add one of dijon too). Allow to bubble and thicken slightly and add the pork back to the pan before serving with potatoes and vegetables.

senua Fri 09-Jun-17 16:42:18

Smear the tenderloin with a little honey. Then roll it in a herb mix of 2:2:2:1 of marjoram : lemon thyme : tarragon : rosemary.
Wrap in tin foil and cook 30 min at Gas 5.

Or marinade in a mixture of 2 tbsp soy, 2 tbsp oil, 1 tbsp sugar.
Then cook on a roasting rack for 15 min at Gas 8.

AdaColeman Fri 09-Jun-17 16:42:40

Another vote for Nige's pork with cream and mustard sauce, I serve it with rice or orzo or tagliatelle though.

TolpuddleFarterOATB Fri 09-Jun-17 17:06:27

Argh, too much tasty choice here! Maybe I should buy one of these joints every week then and try them all out?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now