Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What should I be eating?

(4 Posts)
moutonfou Wed 07-Jun-17 16:45:11

I weigh 9 stone and want to maintain. For my activity level, My Fitness Pal gives me about 1800 calories/day on that basis. I also run or play badminton on 5 out of 7 days of the week and so burn another 400ish calories on those days.

I always eat near to or slightly over my calorie limit but still seem to be hungry, and I don't mean hungry in my mind, I mean my stomach is empty and rumbling.

As an illustration, today I had a wholewheat cereal with semi-skimmed milk for breakfast, for lunch (after a 30min run) I had a wholewheat wrap with some cooked chicken, crumbled feta and tomatoes, and some raw peppers as a finger food. Then had a Bounty as I was still hungry (I know, pure sugar!)

Fast forward to 3.30 and my stomach is already rumbling again. I don't know what I'm meant to be eating that will fill me up more but not blow my calories?!

SandysMam Wed 07-Jun-17 16:47:44

How tall are you OP? Does 9 stone make you top, middle or bottom BMI?

moutonfou Wed 07-Jun-17 16:52:07

I'm at the taller end so BMI 20. I've always naturally weighed 8 stone-something but it's crept up to 9 as I've got older and I'm getting a little tummy wobbliness and want to nip it in the bud!

AtleastitsnotMonday Wed 07-Jun-17 22:28:16

I would up the protein can you get more protein in to your breakfast? Eggs? Greek yoghurt?
With the exception of the bounty all that doesn't amount to that many calories. Is your evening meal particularly high cal?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now