Talk

Advanced search

I'm after a good but not complex chicken curry recipe!

(17 Posts)
theclick Sun 28-May-17 19:34:58

Does anyone have a good one?

I know I said not complex but traditional one would also be good!

MusicToMyEars800 Sun 28-May-17 20:25:09

allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/25132/ultimate-chicken-curry.aspx
This is the recipe I use, makes a delicious curry!

cdtaylornats Sun 28-May-17 20:50:53

allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/18722/chicken-chickpea-curry.aspx

Chicken curry with chickpeas

RovingPhilosopher Sun 28-May-17 20:53:24

meerasodha.com/what-my-mother-taught-me/

bruffin Sun 28-May-17 20:53:33

[[http://goodfoodshared.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/delias-creamy-chicken-curry.html?m=1 Delias left over chicken curry is a firm favorite in our house.

bruffin Sun 28-May-17 20:56:37

link

Redken24 Sun 28-May-17 20:56:51

Onions with turmeric then cook chicken off then add some chillies if you like heat. Then Tinned tomatoes and some curry paste. I like peppers in and baby tomatoes too.slow cook for a wee whiley

Hassled Sun 28-May-17 21:02:55

Hairy Bikers' Chicken Tikka Masala. It's a bit of a faff, but in a pleasant, satisfying sort of way. All the Hairy Bikers' curry recipes I've tried have been good.

Alternatively, this is a lovely Madhur Jaffrey recipe

theclick Sun 28-May-17 21:27:52

Thanks all, I saw the hairy bikers one but reviews are mixed? May give it a try first as it seems to be what I'm after...I can always modify.

theclick Sun 28-May-17 21:30:36

Thanks also for the Meera Sodha recipe! It's definitely what sounds the most like what my family makes but getting my mum to write it down would be hard!

ArtemisiaGentilleschi Sun 28-May-17 21:33:16

I always use the one in Jamie's dinners. Similar to the hairy biker's one but easier.

siblingrevelryagain Sun 28-May-17 21:41:16

Fry onion, add ginger & garlic, fry few more minutes, add 1tsp fennel seeds (ground in pestle/mortar), 2tsp coriander & 2tsp cumin, 1 tbsp Tom purée, and 1 cinnamon stick.
Cook for a minute and add chicken thighs/breast (approx 8 thighs/4 breasts). Pour over enough chicken/veg stock to cover, and cook for an hour. Veg and/or chickpeas can be added half an hour in if wished.

CaptainWarbeck Mon 29-May-17 05:24:18

The Meera Sodha one is really tasty. It looks like a bit of a faff with cinnamon sticks etc but it's not really.

I might make it this week actually!

theclick Mon 29-May-17 17:24:14

I like the sound of that one but it seems quite simple compared to what the elders in my family make...or maybe they're being over dramatic when they cook...which is more likely!

I have already chopped the onions and tomatoes so will try that one tonight (doing some batch cooking).

theclick Mon 29-May-17 19:46:48

I made the Meera sodha version but worried it's still too tomatoey. All the authentic curries I've seen are also more brown. Does anyone know how I can take the tomatoey-ness away?

diodati Mon 29-May-17 19:51:29

www.onceuponachef.com/recipes/chicken-curry.html

RovingPhilosopher Tue 30-May-17 07:51:59

@theclick meera sodha recipes are quite heavy on tomatoes I believe because of the area of India she/her family is from tends to use a lot of tomatoes. This is a non tomatoey recipe of hers meerasodha.com/coconut-and-tamarind-chicken-curry/ which is also good and easy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now