Talk

Advanced search

Easy but delicious vegetarian BBQ food

(7 Posts)
PersisFord Thu 25-May-17 10:36:58

Any ideas? I always love eating those halloumi and vegetable skewers at other people's houses but mine are inadequate and fall apart. There will be salad and stuff but it's a bit miserable not to have anything cooked on the barbeque....

FauxFox Thu 25-May-17 10:44:48

Big flat mushroom or aubergine slices cooked like a burger brushed with garlic oil
Veg kebabs
Pressed tofu marinated and kebabed
Can do halloumi in slices if kebabs are too tricky?
Can put ready made falafel on skewers with veg
Veggie burgers
Veggie sausages

MrsMotherHen Thu 25-May-17 10:45:27

grilled pineapple for a sweet treat

get a banana don't peel it but put a slice in the skin down the length of it and stuff with choc buttons and mini marshmallows wrap in foil and place on bbq for few mins oh my days it's so yum!

get a long kebab stick poke mushrooms on and brush blackbean or any kind of sauce on them yum!

grilled corn on the cob

sweet potatoes

grilled cherry tomatoes

lastqueenofscotland Thu 25-May-17 13:01:19

Yes to slices of hallumi
Corn on the cob
Peppers, onion and mushrooms on skewers

AtleastitsnotMonday Thu 25-May-17 13:02:14

Big field mushrooms stuffed with blue cheesearlic and herbs

pimmsy Thu 25-May-17 13:31:29

Thin slices of aubergine brushed with olive oil a little crushed garlic and smoked paprika.

Grilled Napa Cabbage with Chinese Mustard Glaze and Scallions -> www.marthastewart.com/1050587/grilled-napa-cabbage-chinese-mustard-glaze-and-scallions

Corn on the cob with lime and chilli. -> www.marthastewart.com/978331/grilled-corn-lime-and-chile?crlt.pid=camp.Qxu5emE4fHka

Grilled spring onions -> www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/grilled-scallions-recipe-1928187

MovingOnUpMovingOnOut Thu 25-May-17 13:36:57

I'm not veggie but I absolutely love BBQ baked potatoes. Even better stuffed with cheese. I love all cheese but feta is particularly nice on a barbie.

If your skewers are falling apart you may be cutting your halloumi the wrong way. Often there's a crack running through it than needs to be navigated.

Love halloumi burgers too. In a bun with salad and red pepper hummus. Tesco, Lidl and M&S sell halloumi sliced into burgers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now