Talk

Advanced search

Does this app exist?

(6 Posts)
MerlinEmrys Mon 22-May-17 18:51:28

Hello.

I'm looking for an app that I can keep a running list of what I have in my cupboards / freezer etc - with use by dates!

Just had a cupboard clear out, loads of out of date waste. I need to shop smarter. I've made a list of it all and the dates but could do with something 'live' - and less manual than excel.

Anyone?

Heratnumber7 Mon 22-May-17 18:55:13

It would be heavily reliant on knowing (e.g.) that you've used 300g from a 500g bag of flour.
Would you actually keep it up to date?

MerlinEmrys Mon 22-May-17 19:21:05

It's not so much about the amount rather than remembering the 9 tins of chick peas in the cupboard and planning around what I have.

I'd like to think I'd keep it up to date.

I could just use a list app but you know when you come up with something in your head...

Heratnumber7 Mon 22-May-17 22:35:52

I just cook from what's in the cupboard.

But I do go through phases of thinking "ooh I need chickpeas" when I'm shopping, and forget I had the same thought last time I was shopping and also end up with loads of chickpeas, or tuna, or corner beef, or toothpaste etc.

munchkinmaster Mon 22-May-17 22:37:15

I've a peice of paper with all my spices sellotaped to my cupboard door to avoid buying another tub of cinnamon etc

cdtaylornats Tue 23-May-17 07:52:16

Lots of them - just search for "Pantry App"

appcrawlr.com/ios-apps/best-apps-pantry-inventory

or use
www.digitaltrends.com/web/what-can-i-make-tonight-apps-to-make-deciding-what-to-cook-easier/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now