Advanced search

Does this app exist?

(6 Posts)
MerlinEmrys Mon 22-May-17 18:51:28

I'm looking for an app that I can keep a running list of what I have in my cupboards / freezer etc - with use by dates!

Just had a cupboard clear out, loads of out of date waste. I need to shop smarter. I've made a list of it all and the dates but could do with something 'live' - and less manual than excel.

Heratnumber7 Mon 22-May-17 18:55:13

It would be heavily reliant on knowing (e.g.) that you've used 300g from a 500g bag of flour.
Would you actually keep it up to date?

MerlinEmrys Mon 22-May-17 19:21:05

It's not so much about the amount rather than remembering the 9 tins of chick peas in the cupboard and planning around what I have.

I'd like to think I'd keep it up to date.

I could just use a list app but you know when you come up with something in your head...

Heratnumber7 Mon 22-May-17 22:35:52

I just cook from what's in the cupboard.

But I do go through phases of thinking "ooh I need chickpeas" when I'm shopping, and forget I had the same thought last time I was shopping and also end up with loads of chickpeas, or tuna, or corner beef, or toothpaste etc.

munchkinmaster Mon 22-May-17 22:37:15

I've a peice of paper with all my spices sellotaped to my cupboard door to avoid buying another tub of cinnamon etc

cdtaylornats Tue 23-May-17 07:52:16

Lots of them - just search for "Pantry App"

or use

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now