Talk

Advanced search

What's for dinner/leftovers/lunch - inspiration please!

(7 Posts)
Pouffealouffe Mon 22-May-17 13:06:21

Inspired by the meal planning thread, I'm looking for inspiration of good, filling recipes that work well as leftovers and to take into the office for lunch the next day.

A bit of context: no kids, and my DH works long hours so often isn't back til later. He does his share of cooking but at the moment it's mostly me.

We're pretty adventurous but I'm in a bit of a cooking rut, making things like lasagne that we'll eat for days on end... looking for some more spring/summery ideas, and things that work well as leftovers for the office next day (microwaveable).

Thanks!

whyohwhyy Mon 22-May-17 13:07:57

Chicken with spicy rice,
With a side salad and a homemade dressing

AtleastitsnotMonday Mon 22-May-17 14:23:58

Tonight we are having hawian chicken and veg skewers with grilled sweet potato and salad. I'll chop and left over sweet potato, pineapple and chicken, mix with more peppers, chopped spring onions and celery, mix it up have for lunch tomorrow.
Later in the week we are having a chicken tagine. I will do extra cous cous and add leftover chickpeas, with peppers, red onion, chopped cornicons, pomegranate seeds and flaked almonds.
Also doing a lentil Dahl which will go in wraps for lunch the next day.

AtleastitsnotMonday Mon 22-May-17 14:31:21

Forgot the obvious! veggie chilli, nice warm in a wrap, actually tastes better day 2!
Pasta arabiata
Frittata, really nice cold with salad the next day.

picklemepopcorn Mon 22-May-17 14:47:48

I make chicken stock, so after a roast we'll have a chicken noodle soup with ginger, chilli, garlic, noodles, sweetcorn, chicken scraps, and anything veg like that can be shredded and added (leek, celery, carrot, broccoli, last night). That reheats well.

VivienneWestwoodsKnickers Mon 22-May-17 14:52:55

Hairy Bikers chicken thighs. www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/535184/hairy-biker-s-spanish-style-chicken-bake

Pouffealouffe Mon 22-May-17 17:42:42

Yum! Thanks everyone, some great ideas. Atleast your tagine sounds amazing!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: