Talk

Advanced search

BBQ salad ideas

(7 Posts)
justpeachy74 Thu 18-May-17 15:03:25

I'm looking for salad ideas to go with BBQ food. Preferably easy to do but something different to the usual offerings.

Thanks in advance.

littlemissneela Thu 18-May-17 15:21:00

I made Mary Berrys watermelon, mint, feta and olive salad at the weekend which was delish but I would leave out the olives next time. New potatoes just boiled in salted water with fresh mint and then add butter afterwards are always nice to have at a bbq. I also had some baked spuds from the previous nights dinner, which I halved, scooped out the middle, baked the skin half with a bit of oil and salt, mixed the potato with grated cheese and spring onion, and then put it back in the shell and baked for about 20 mins or so.

Ragwort Thu 18-May-17 15:24:59

Delia's rice salad with pesto is always a favourite (from her Summer collection).

foodiemama26 Wed 24-May-17 21:35:54

pear, rocket and parmesan or tomato, moz and basil? herby cous cous salad with lemon goes down well here!

Chewbecca Wed 24-May-17 21:38:03

Clicked to say Delia's pesto rice salad too! We love it. A lot.

It is a carb replacement really, you still need a regular salad.

NapoleonsNose Wed 24-May-17 21:40:44

I made a Moroccan carrot salad for a party the other day. Grated carrots, harrissa, raisins, lemon juice, olive oil and seasoning. Had a lovely fiery kick!

Reow Wed 24-May-17 21:42:13

Ooh ooh I did this and it was lovely.

www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/recipes/roast-sausage-and-spiced-squash-salad/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now