Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

If I've put too many chilli-flakes in a recipe?

(12 Posts)
SpongeBobJudgeyPants Sun 14-May-17 18:54:18

Is it doomed? I thought about just increasing the quantities of veg, or using plain yoghurt, but picky OH won't eat it with yoghurt. Any suggestions please?

PanannyPanoo Sun 14-May-17 18:59:24

what have you made? if its a chilli add a tin of tomatos and kidney beans to dilute it down and make more servings.
if its curry a tin of coconut cream.
if a stew put red lentils, rice, Quinoa or cous cous in to bulk it out and make more servings.

Cakescakescakes Sun 14-May-17 19:00:04

Is it a curry? Could you add extra passata etc? Coconut cream, coconut milk, double cream will all chill it out a bit. What is the recipe?

picklemepopcorn Sun 14-May-17 19:08:45

Instant mash helps a bit too.

PurpleDaisies Sun 14-May-17 19:10:41

I'd add more liquid/tomatoes to dilute the chilli flakes as others have said. What is it?

LockedOutOfMN Sun 14-May-17 19:10:42

What have you made? Can you are sour cream on the side perhaps? And or slices of cucumber?

PurpleDaisies Sun 14-May-17 19:11:21

If its chilli adding a tin of baked beans is an easy fix

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Sun 14-May-17 19:25:11

It's a veggie shepherd pie thing, with lentils and passata and stuff in already, including marmite. Have tried doing extra tomatoes and stuff. Still too hut. Might throw a tin of beans in!

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Sun 14-May-17 19:25:56

Hot not hut, obs...

LockedOutOfMN Sun 14-May-17 20:01:21

More potato? Bechamel sauce layer between bottom and potato?

PanannyPanoo Sun 14-May-17 20:17:20

ooh locked out that sounds yum. I like hot food. love veggie cottage pie. I could come for tea via the chip shop and bring chips for you oh!smile

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Sun 14-May-17 21:26:21

Ha. It's growing in quantity with everything I add to it, so come round to ChezSponge for cottage pie. But bring wine grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now