Talk

Advanced search

Slow cooker ideas

(5 Posts)
Pinkfluff27 Sun 14-May-17 14:41:16

I've recently been gifted a small slow cooker, can't remember the capacity but one of the smallest sizes. Looking for some very simple ideas as to what I can throw in and how long to leave it on for? Any slow cooker experts here?

Sorry, I do have another thread on here just now.

Cookingongas Mon 15-May-17 18:17:38

Lime, chilli and coriander shredded chicken

Skinless chicken thighs (4-6) zest of a lime, 2 chopped garlic cloves, red chilli to taste and a bunch coriander - cut the the garlic, chilli and coriander stalks finely ( if you have a pestle and mortar grind them with the chilli and garlic) rub into the chicken thighs along with the lime zest. Put in slow cooker for 6 hours. Serve with the coriander leaves, as fajitas with salad , lime wedges and wraps.

Cookingongas Mon 15-May-17 18:21:22

Potato and bacon hot pot

Slice an onion (and /or some leeks) finely. Slice potatoes into rounds. Grease slow cooker with a little butter.

Layer potatoes, onions, bacon lardons (thyme is nice added, and season each layer ) into slow cooker. Pour on chicken stock until 2/3rds up to the top layer. Don't be tempted to put in more liquid or it will be watery. Leave for 6-8 hours. Serve with a green salad.

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Tue 16-May-17 21:53:28

F.

MyOtherProfile Tue 16-May-17 21:55:46

Chilli. Usual recipe but just tip it all in the slow cooker and switch on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now