Talk

Advanced search

Ham that isn't Naice

(8 Posts)
CoxsOrangePippin Mon 08-May-17 16:24:06

I have two packets of Not Particularly Nice ham in the fridge (you know the kind - slithery and sweet). I don't want to waste them but they aren't quite up to my fancypants standards for a ham
sandwich which I feel ought to be the food of the gods.

What's the best thing I can do with them? Pasta bake?

(In the meantime I'm off to Tesco for gammon to make some more delicious ham for cheaper than the slithery slices smile)

TeddyIsaHe Mon 08-May-17 17:49:15

Pizza topping, omelette, slice and fry until crispy and stir through cheese sauce and use for macaroni cheese, wrap chicken in it and bake, chop up finely and add to a savoury Parmesan biscuit dough and make hammy biscuits (v good with a glass of white wine!) I chuck it in a salad to use up if I have it. I find it it's cooked it's not too bad!

CoxsOrangePippin Tue 09-May-17 03:18:45

Ooh! Fried in macaroni cheese and hammy biscuits both sound excellent. Thank you grin

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Wed 10-May-17 14:05:49

Are yiu even allowed to discuss Ham that isn't Naice on MN?

MilkRunningOutAgain Thu 11-May-17 15:53:06

My DS will only eat naice ham. He threw away the pack of not nice ham I ordered by mistake last week, because it would have been "tasteless and chewy" according to him. I have raised fussy expensive children, it worries me sometimes!

PippaFawcett Fri 12-May-17 12:19:27

Anyone else finding it harder and harder to find naice ham? Most of the packets in supermarkets are formed ham. Even some of the Finest Range are formed. Is it only to be found on the deli these days?

CoxsOrangePippin Fri 12-May-17 13:51:58

Yes definitely. But that's just more scope for being terribly smug and making one's own wink I'm considering a batch in ginger ale as I feel it would be poncier than coke.

Deploycharitygoats Fri 12-May-17 13:54:13

Ham in ginger ale is amazing. Just don't do what I did and use the cooking liquid for lentil soup. Bleurgh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now