Talk

Advanced search

What to do with left over pasta?

(6 Posts)
musicalfrog Tue 25-Apr-17 18:41:04

Cooked too much! How long will it last, and what can I put with it?

PurpleDaisies Tue 25-Apr-17 18:42:31

I usually make too much for lunches. I like it with pesto, feta, olives and roast veg so I can eat it cold.

PurpleDaisies Tue 25-Apr-17 18:43:06

Forgot, it keeps for about five days.

musicalfrog Tue 25-Apr-17 18:48:43

That sounds delicious! Thanks.

EatsShitAndLeaves Tue 25-Apr-17 18:55:23

Cold pasta salad - just chuck in what you have, but tomato, celery, olives, feta is very nice. Just use a dressing of olive oil, wine vinegar (or balsamic) salt and pepper. Add some fresh parsley if you have some.

You can make a pasta frittata http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/pasta-recipes/gennaro-s-pasta-frittata-lots-of-ways/ which is really nice.

Finally small bits of pasta can be added to soups to bulk them out - just chop up bigger bits.

Abrahamkin Tue 25-Apr-17 19:43:32

If it has no sauce can also make different pasta bakes. If needs be, make the sauce, mix with the pasta, top with cheese then freeze either before or after baking. You can either make a tomato based sauce or a cream based sauce or whatever you like.

Unfortunately in our house there rarely is so much leftover pasta grin beyond lunches the next day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now